Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12481 - 12500 of 12582 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
550 Posts
Started on a fork rebuild on my dirtbike before work this morning...I have to say that I was a bit intimidated after reading/watching some things about USD forks, figured it was better to learn on the budget dirtbike than on the xsr (I've got GP cartridges waiting to go in). It really isn't hard - I don't think its much different than doing regular right side up forks, only difference is that you have to have the cartridge tool so you can reassemble properly.

The one tube wonder bike-
IMG_20200709_073653.jpg

Homemade cartridge holder tool - just some PVC with notches cut in one end and a hole drilled or a screw driver to hold the other side.
IMG_20200709_073841.jpg

And all the bits and pieces waiting for a good cleaning & reassembly after work tonight.
IMG_20200709_073428.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
345 Posts
Ordered some new shoes for the -09: Michelin Road 5s. They'll be here Monday and probably going to go on Tuesday. Can't wait. I've put 5700 mile on the current Battlax and they are cooked now. No cords showing but the center tread is more of a suggestion - both front and rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered some new shoes for the -09: Michelin Road 5s. They'll be here Monday and probably going to go on Tuesday. Can't wait. I've put 5700 mile on the current Battlax and they are cooked now. No cords showing but the center tread is more of a suggestion - both front and rear.
Nice! I'm also looking at the Mich Road 5s, I'm right around 4900 miles on my Bridgestones.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I received my IASUS 2.1 helmet speakers today. I'm gonna install them and use a small bluetooth device for convenience.

I hope this works well because all I need are some tunes. I dont care about talking on the phone on my bike. Only people I'd talk to are the ones I wanna get away from, lol.

Here are the speakers, they are supposed to be good quality, they are $40. IASUS has a better version the 3.0, but they are like $119.

After install into my arai, I'll report back on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I received my IASUS 2.1 helmet speakers today. I'm gonna install them and use a small bluetooth device for convenience.

I hope this works well because all I need are some tunes. I dont care about talking on the phone on my bike. Only people I'd talk to are the ones I wanna get away from, lol.

Here are the speakers, they are supposed to be good quality, they are $40. IASUS has a better version the 3.0, but they are like $119.

After install into my arai, I'll report back on them.

Well that was an easy 20 minute install. In the Arai, the ear pieces are setup perfectly and have exact cutouts. It sounds great, just like I were holding the speakers to my ears.

I have a IFI DAC & Amp, so if wind noise does muffle the sound, I'm covered but I'd have to switch to wired at that point.

The little bluetooth device I bought off ebay for $15 works flawlessly and phone calls even work while it's on the outside of the helmet (see picture).

2 thumbs up for the IASUS Helmets speakers

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installed some Bikemaster bar end mirrors. Tired of having to lean or shift my body to look behind me. Decided to modify the stock bar ends to work with the supplied adapter sleeves. Had a groove turned and then spayed the bare metal black before installing.

·
Registered
Test
49 Posts
Installed some Bikemaster bar end mirrors. Tired of having to lean or shift my body to look behind me. Decided to modify the stock bar ends to work with the supplied adapter sleeves. Had a groove turned and then spayed the bare metal black before installing
How is the visibility?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How is the visibility?
Much better view behind. Mirrors are a little smaller but give a good view. Vibration is minimal (a liitle at certain rpm) and doesn't distort the image too much. Just rode around and adjusted them. Nice being able to glance over and actually see behind me. With the smaller frame at stops when cars get close you can't see the whole vehicle as well like with the stock size mirrors.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
198 Posts
this sucks.

so i installed the passenger rear peg delete mod today and by a glance i found out that i have a 2 inch shank lodge in my rear tire. it was a good thing i found out but this sucks! i have not removed it yet. damn it!

check your tires once in while people. you might be riding with a puncture.

this thing is not ride'able is it?

Reactions: Jaronv74

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
198 Posts
guys let me know if they are deals or discounts on tires right now. i know they do those in early spring but maybe there are some right now. thanks

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks superficial. I don't think it even damaged the carcass. Get some soapy water and spray it down after you pull the offender. I doubt it will bubble.

I wouldn't do a track day on that tire but I think I would ride it provided that section of tread doesn't chunk.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I dont know, gonna have to get the obstruction out and see

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
12481 - 12500 of 12582 Posts