Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12441 - 12460 of 12489 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yes, been using Amsoil almost exclusively since 1000 kms. I've used Mobil 1 for a couple of oil changes also.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha fz 09
29 Posts
Yes, been using Amsoil almost exclusively since 1000 kms. I've used Mobil 1 for a couple of oil changes also.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
That's what I went with on my first oil change when I got my bike. I think the former owner was using Castrol. I can already tell the difference in how it shifts after just a couple rides.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going to give this a whirl... I already own 3 cars and a bike, and I really don't feel like paying taxes/title on a trailer. This is the best option for now... View attachment 160400
I thought about doing this also when road tripping to my father's place in Florida. A trailer would be a PITA to park at his place, would just get in the way. I know the bike is relatively light so hopefully this works out for you. What brand?

·
Registered
42 Posts

I was lucky and found this one on marketplace for half the price
I thought about doing this also when road tripping to my father's place in Florida. A trailer would be a PITA to park at his place, would just get in the way. I know the bike is relatively light so hopefully this works out for you. What brand?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Snagged an OEM fly screen off a member here, promptly painted it matte black and added some gold accent strips, also threw on some PR2's which still feel great compared to the 5's

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Added a power commander, K&N air filter and LeoVince LV EVO Black exhaust. I think the M4 would of been too loud for me. Although this one without the baffle is pretty loud, but not obnoxiously so. The PCV LeoVince Full map wasn't very good, throttle was jerky in 1st and 2nd, with several other jerky spots when lightly on the throttle. I compared it to the Akro full map, and the fueling looked more consistent so I gave it shot, and it's been working out good. Feel better then stock, but not as smooth as the stock PCV map, so I still need to tweak it a little to smooth out a few spots in the rpm range.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm going to give this a whirl... I already own 3 cars and a bike, and I really don't feel like paying taxes/title on a trailer. This is the best option for now... View attachment 160400
Definitely let us know how you like it.
I've been thinking about one of these haulers for years.
My little Tacoma doubles as a camper with the Snugtop shell on it, and if I can take my bike easily... I'm thinking long mountain camping trips. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm assuming you checked what tongue weight your hitch is rated for and not the "towing weight" (which is a useless number).

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: betoney

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not retarded
Didn't say you were, but I've seen those fail more than few times... they're designed for dirt bikes. Putting a 450-500# lever on most OEM hitches on SUVs is a recipe for disaster...

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
42 Posts
Didn't say you were, but I've seen those fail more than few times... they're designed for dirt bikes. Putting a 450-500# lever on most OEM hitches on SUVs is a recipe for disaster...

The carrier itself is rated for 600lbs, the max tongue weight on my truck is 1,300lbs. Also, the explorer isn't the vehicle I'm using to tow the thing anyways, I just wanted to get the bike fitted on the rack, even though everything is still in spec if I wanted to use the explorer.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts
The carrier itself is rated for 600lbs, the max tongue weight on my truck is 1,300lbs.
Clearly smarter than the average bear..... 2thdr was just trying to be helpful - a lot of people have no idea that a hitch has a 'maximum' tongue weight rating, they are only familiar with the tow rating advertised by the manufacturer (10k lbs or whatever).

Reactions: 2thdr
12441 - 12460 of 12489 Posts