Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12401 - 12420 of 12489 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do it, even if you go to a little go kart track that allows bikes.

The stock tires held up surprisingly well. They got a little slippery towards the end of the day and I should have dropped a pound or two out of them for my last 2 sessions.
Super sick. I see you had a GoPro mounted.
Got some videos to share?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts
How's the spread with it?
I'm still using the stock bulbs in my 15'.
Scary riding in the dark with it.
I'm on an xsr and I suspect the output from the 5.75 round light that is stock on it is better than that output from the odd shape MT lights. Watt for Watt round lights are usually brighter because its easier to make an efficient reflector. It is day time now so I don't really know what the results are going to be yet, and I've got to keep an eye on it for a week or two to make sure I'm not overheating the inside of the bucket with all the extra watts.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's the short ones in case you wanted to see what they look like. The cnc engraving being different depths bothered my mechanical engineer son (jokingly, but he did notice it immediately), but I was just happy to get a lever for the Magura that matched the brake lever.

·
Registered
237 Posts
In the 2nd picture, is the rear wheel torqued down and in place ? Only reason I ask is because it looks like the wheel is positioned all the way forward. I have a 2016 and if I had mine positioned like that I think the chain would be loose as a goose lol. And the axle nut is on the opposite side than yours. Not a big deal just thought I'd point it out. So how do you like the new rotors?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the 2nd picture, is the rear wheel torqued down and in place ? Only reason I ask is because it looks like the wheel is positioned all the way forward. I have a 2016 and if I had mine positioned like that I think the chain would be loose as a goose lol. And the axle nut is on the opposite side than yours. Not a big deal just thought I'd point it out. So how do you like the new rotors?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Correct observation ;-).Yes the wheel is all the way forward. Front sprocket is 17 instead of the 16 original, therefore the wheel comes a lot more forward but still enough 'play' on the chain.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts
Correct observation ;-).Yes the wheel is all the way forward. Front sprocket is 17 instead of the 16 original, therefore the wheel comes a lot more forward but still enough 'play' on the chain.
Interesting, why did you go to a taller front sprocket and how do you like it?

12401 - 12420 of 12489 Posts