Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12301 - 12320 of 12330 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Richmond's? I really like the Roman's but sadly they are discontinued.

It's amazing that I have missed this company. Best quality at a decent price.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah Richmonds, I got those and a pair of speed and strength thumpers on Ebay for $90 worn once. They're both like designer jeans and you cant even tell when the pads are in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I changed my rear sprocket to a 46 t , and at first I liked it until I road for awhile on the freeway .
It definitely made a difference in the bottom end like this bike needs anymore of that.

My conclusion is that for me it doesn't, so I'm going the other way to a 44t and see how I like that.

1 tooth I did not think would make a difference but I could definitely feel the change across the board . If anyone has already tried a 44 rear let me know if I should give a try or just stick with stock gearing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Recently i got my first "real" camera a Nikon z50 with a 16-50mm kit lens, and after talking with some colleagues, and hearing about their photography adventures i decided to give some night time/ astro photography a try.
here are a few untouched pics from my first night out. (learned alot this night)

·
Registered
385 Posts
All the pics where taken from 0:30 to 3:30 ish in the night. the location was bad for this had alot of light polution and traffic, so a lot of my shots where contaminated from that and from the surrounding city lights.
i have already planned getting som extra lenses and a star tracker.
and in a few months the sky will not be as blue like last light.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Crikey mate, the niner in its natural habit. A beautful specimen .

Nice pictures man, I like them.

Sorry haven't had coffee yet.
download.jpeg

·
Registered
380 Posts
Track day prep:
-drained engine ice and put in distilled water
-all lights disconnected and tapped
-mirrors, blinkers, feelers off
-new versa front brake pads with motul fluid
-tightened front and rear suspension
- air pressure at 30 front and 30 rear
-rented trailer from u-haul

Got home and put everything back on. Running the piss out of my FZ I can say that engine ice works keeps the engine cooler than distilled water.

·
Registered
853 Posts
East out of Huntsville, to Scottsboro AL, Chattanooga, Cleveland TN, Murphy NC Ashville, Alberts Lodge. We are slabing it to save time only 348 miles or so.

Ride Sane

·
Registered
396 Posts
Some last second projects before I leave tomorrow morning. I figure a radar detector and a little extra light cant hurt. Fitted my loaded bags to the bike and took a spin to see how it felt.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
362 Posts
Yeah, extra lights... Can't go wrong... Auxillary lights are in my to-do list. How do the bike feel fully loaded?

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
313 Posts
Some last second projects before I leave tomorrow morning. I figure a radar detector and a little extra light cant hurt. Fitted my loaded bags to the bike and took a spin to see how it felt.
View attachment 159703
If you go through VA hide the detector! They are not forgiven if they see one. Check supplemental light laws. I know VA and a few others like to harass I mean enforce that they must be covered if not DOT complaint... I just always kept tape in my vehicle for "that" cop. Ride safe and have a blast!!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Good advice, I made sure to velcro the radar detector on so I could pull it off in certain situations. I really dont speed too much and it's more so I know theres not a car half way in the road over the next hill.

As for tape, I have electrical and duck in my bag, along with every tool needed to pull the bike apart and put back together. With the kriega 30 and 20 fully loaded it felt like riding 2 up. I got really OCD about balancing the load and what went where in the bags, so it feels good. They can hold a ton if you know how to pack.

Oh....and Muc, I have good news.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
313 Posts
Good advice, I made sure to velcro the radar detector on so I could pull it off in certain situations. I really dont speed too much and it's more so I know theres not a car half way in the road over the next hill.

As for tape, I have electrical and duck in my bag, along with every tool needed to pull the bike apart and put back together. With the kriega 30 and 20 fully loaded it felt like riding 2 up. I got really OCD about balancing the load and what went where in the bags, so it feels good. They can hold a ton if you know how to pack.

Oh....and Muc, I have good news.
Have to post up the fully loaded bags pic. I'm curious to see everyone's travel setup.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well wouldn't you know that's what I was just doing 🤣

The top bag is all clothes, I'm considering attaching it to the 30 in a different way.

12301 - 12320 of 12330 Posts