Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12281 - 12300 of 12330 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
362 Posts
I assume that means you have to take the headers of each time to be repainted, you going to replace to crush washer each time too? Just curious

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Took all day yesterday and rode. It was a calming effect that I needed.

Needed to get away from the household that is....

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
107 Posts
took a 8 hour ride today and all my upgrade i have done these past few weeks

sw motech handguard with LED (highly recommend, looks very good in combination with the yamaha windscreen)
proton 500 flush mount turn signals (highly recommend)
LED strip rear turn signals
brake modulator (highly recommend)
oem yamaha mt09 windscreen (deflects wind pretty well)
cmodd tank protector (looks good)
techspec tank grip

waiting on custom bar end adaptor for my rizoma retro mirrors so i can finally erase those ugly antenna mirrors.
and a sw motech crash bar.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an MT 01 which has a decent stock set of turn signals. About 2 weeks ago I walked in to one and snapped it off. I fixed it temporarily but needed to buy a new one which is $122 for one from Yamaha. I wasn't going to pay that much so I put a set of TST Echo led signals which is $49 for a set of 2. I put them on Sunday and they are very nice quality. They are quite tiny but are super bright and look cool as hell.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have an MT 01 which has a decent stock set of turn signals. About 2 weeks ago I walked in to one and snapped it off. I fixed it temporarily but needed to buy a new one which is $122 for one from Yamaha. I wasn't going to pay that much so I put a set of TST Echo led signals which is $49 for a set of 2. I put them on Sunday and they are very nice quality. They are quite tiny but are super bright and look cool as hell.

View attachment 159546
TST makes very nice stuff and they stand behind it very well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My comfort seat finally arrived after 3 weeks! First impression, it's not that much more comfortable compared to the stock seat. Please tell me it takes a few rides to break it in?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
My comfort seat finally arrived after 3 weeks! First impression, it's not that much more comfortable compared to the stock seat. Please tell me it takes a few rides to break it in?

View attachment 159574
You'll feel it most on a longer ride. It's still a firm seat, but the pressure points aren't there like the stock seat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, it will break in a bit, and also the gains are noticed when you get past the 1.5-2 hour mark. Mine didn't seem that much better at first, then I rode for 4 hours and I had forgotten that I had a complaint about a seat. I'm not a small guy either.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah, it will break in a bit, and also the gains are noticed when you get past the 1.5-2 hour mark. Mine didn't seem that much better at first, then I rode for 4 hours and I had forgotten that I had a complaint about a seat. I'm not a small guy either.
Good to know. I routinely ride back and form from NYC to PA and it takes about 3 hour so I'm looking forward to that. I'm actually heading there tomorrow afternoon so I'll get to put it to the test.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
345 Posts
added a new more comfortable seat...(technically yesterday)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I added a knox mesh armoured jacket to my arsenal today.

Knox Urbane Utility Armoured Mesh Jacket.

Urban Rider (in Great Britian) is fast as crap. Ordered it Monday, got it delivered fedex today.

Ordered new gloves too, but this warm weather jacket is the bees knees.

If the rain stops I'll get to ride someday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
362 Posts
I added a knox mesh armoured jacket to my arsenal today.

Knox Urbane Utility Armoured Mesh Jacket.

Urban Rider (in Great Britian) is fast as crap. Ordered it Monday, got it delivered fedex today.

Ordered new gloves too, but this warm weather jacket is the bees knees.

If the rain stops I'll get to ride someday.

This jacket really looks nice! I'll have to look into Knox's stuff.

Got my wheels off and over for new shoes....didnt realize I still had the stock dunlop on the front! Trying to think of a way to set up an extra light on top, and planning my last second details for the ECR trip. The plan is, get there. View attachment 159606 View attachment 159607
Exciting getting ready for the long journey! Nothing like a new set of tires, it always feels like a brand new bike.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good to know. I routinely ride back and form from NYC to PA and it takes about 3 hour so I'm looking forward to that. I'm actually heading there tomorrow afternoon so I'll get to put it to the test.
Additionally it does not have the forward drop that pushes you into the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Delete

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thanks Muc, its top quality material. I'm becoming a knox fanboy. They have a whole line of items and layering systems. Great breathable armour too.

It's the 2020 item as they added all the pockets. Last years knox urbane pro didn't have the 5 additional pockets but same jacket otherwise.

12281 - 12300 of 12330 Posts