Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12081 - 12100 of 12142 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yesterday I installed the SW Motech sliders. Since I got the 2020 MT09 three weeks ago I’ve had the ECU flashed, RMA fairing, Puig racing pegs, Yamaha quick shift, Saddlemen track seat, EBC front brake pads, swing arm slider spools, pro grip 719 gel grips, rizoma reverse retro barend mirrors and battery tender. Today my PIAA Yamaha fog lights should arrive in the mail and tomorrow a eco tech radiator guard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I decided to try the Yamaha Comfort seat. Probably seen this a few times but I figured I would share it anyway. Definitely higher seating position which I like. The material is super grippy against jeans which is great. No more sliding around when accelerating and braking which was the main goal. Thought the bump up would help but doesn’t matter much with the grip.
Some before and after...

·
Registered
137 Posts
With 3,208 on the clock, I ditched the factory Dunlop’s and got new shoes today. Went with Michelin Road 5’s font and back.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Finished off the install of the eBay rearsets. The cheap tin they supplied to work the brake light switch bent under tension of the spring from the switch so I made a little bracket from aluminum angle stock.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mines been working for 4 years with the stock one !
Hey Abe, you’re reviews and mileage on your rearsets were a big part of me pulling the trigger on these. I don’t think we have the same rearsets though. We definitely don’t have the same metal bracket for the switch mine was very malleable. Honestly hindsight being 50/50, I wouldn’t recommend buying this version... Longer brake line needed, fabrication of parts required, replaced main pivot bolts with graded hardware, a little flexy under full body weight. There’s a big delta cost wise between these and a set of woodcrafts or vortex etc... but it’s filled with a lot of those details.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hey Abe, you’re reviews and mileage on your rearsets were a big part of me pulling the trigger on these. I don’t think we have the same rearsets though. We definitely don’t have the same metal bracket for the switch mine was very malleable. Honestly hindsight being 50/50, I wouldn’t recommend buying this version... Longer brake line needed, fabrication of parts required, replaced main pivot bolts with graded hardware, a little flexy under full body weight. There’s a big delta cost wise between these and a set of woodcrafts or vortex etc... but it’s filled with a lot of those details.
I understand ! I to changed out all the main stress bolts with stainless and a bit longer bolts but it still falls way below the cost of all the others out there and I am very happy with mine ! Do not even give them a second thought when I get on the bike ! Oh and nice work with the bracket !!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ugh.. was bored so lubed the cables and just for fun did the free horn relocate mod...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
^ sexy. Seeing that really makes me want to ditch my touring screen for something shorter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rolled the bike outside for a spring photo, after installing the front and rear brake lines, the Yosh guards, R1 signals, and rearsets. Now just need the street sweepers and Mother Nature to do their things!

12081 - 12100 of 12142 Posts