Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12061 - 12080 of 12142 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,134 Posts
[QUOTE="St_Hammer, post: 881177, me]
i don't know the price in the US. This is a ok price for Sweden where I'm from. Guess it's cheaper in the US.
[/QUOTE]

No it's not cheaper. I got a quote of $100 US per with all of the bits removed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mounted up my eBay rearsets, playing around with reverse shift pattern here, and cleaned up the hardware on thr front sprocket cover I made a while back

·
Registered
195 Posts
what brand is that? Akashi? Did you have any issues with installing or brake light?
the eBay seller is moto-speedy. I thought I had followed links from this site from the really long Chinese rearsets thread, but ended up with needing a longer brake like with this setup, as this rearset design angled the master cylinder so far forward I need a longer brake line... stay tuned for my Core Moto brake line install...

So unless you want to custom order longer brake lines, this wouldn’t be my first recommendation in rearsets. I was kinda planning on brake line upgrade and core moto doesn’t charge for additional hose added to stock lengths so all’s well that ends well! I also replaced the two main foot peg bolts with proper graded bolts, and applied thread lock to every bolt. They are a bit flexy, I’m easily over 200lbs geared up, and I can see them flex When standing on them, might have to see about adding some material to them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you cut your bars?
I did. Threaded the ends. Attempted drilling the holes for the controls. Was slightly off. Other than that I made some new spacers needed to utilize my existing bar ends with my crg mirrors. First ones were pvc but I found some copper tubing that worked a lot better! Had minor issues with the clutch cable. Bent it to fit but ended up getting a motion pro cable because it’s not perfect and feel uneasy about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got a deal on mine I couldn't pass up!

I'd like to hear about the helmet after you've had a chance to use it.
Once I get a chance to ride in it a little I'll write something up on here, maybe make a video if I'm bored. Initial fit is snug, if your normal size feels tight, I'd size up. Quality is top notch, I did notice a small paint imperfection, but the carbon panels and the detail of the graphic is great. D rings feel really nice, easy to use. The visor has a metal latching mechanism and I doubt it will wear out any time soon. The drop down visor is a wire fed one instead of a spring load so its buttery smooth and easy to operate.

·
Registered
477 Posts
HJC is making some fine helmets. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
Anyone know of a good touch up paint that matches the frame well....
IMG_20200320_102606.jpg
IMG_20200320_102612.jpg

Happened due to this:
IMG_20200320_102555.jpg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sanded/painted the scoops to match the tank, new stickers, wheel stripes, and got rid of the gold bar ends and brake reservoir covers as they no longer match.

12061 - 12080 of 12142 Posts