Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12021 - 12039 of 12039 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought I'd do a TB sync and a few other jobs. So off comes the tank, I sit it on the rear subframe, just like i've done before, and go to get a lump of wood to keep it level. I'm in the shed and hear a crash. The bloody tank has fallen on to the floor and snapped the outlet tube from the fuel pump.
$NZ440 ex Aussie, thank you very much. Of course it would be too customer friendly to have a replaceable outlet pipe considering this must happen fairly often.
Damn! That really sucks. :(

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I just did a TB sync also while i had everything apart and man disconnecting the fuel line is a bit of a chore so I ordered a special tool to squeeze the release clip so I will not have that problem next time !

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just did a TB sync also while i had everything apart and man disconnecting the fuel line is a bit of a chore so I ordered a special tool to squeeze the release clip so I will not have that problem next time !
What tool did you order?

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
2017 FZ09
36 Posts
I would love a review of that seat when you get a chance. Looks good.
Hi Tiki, went out yesterday 120+ miles, with the new seat GP-V2, and ......It wasn't as padded as much as I would have liked, bottom line. Yes, the Gripper does as it says, you surely will NOT slide on the seat. But I have the tendency to want to move my rear forward when I'm laying it down through the twisties, and the narrow seat next to the gas tank is...narrow. But if I sit back against the "hump"/stop", it is wider, and it is ok. I really don't think I would be satisfied with ANY seat that's made today. I would have to take a seat and modity it myself. I have 3 seats now, 1-OEM, 2-An OEM, with extra padding, and the Saddlemen. I would hate to have to take the Saddlemen, and add an inch of padding(foam rubber) to it, but I might. I will call Saddlemen tomorrow and see. I sat on my brothers VTX and his Valkrie, and wow, what a seat. I'm 6'2"/200 lbs. I have not sat on the Corbin(Gunfighter), but I would bet it's the same as the Saddlemen(thickness of padding). NOTE: I did notice the seat had a couple wrinkles, on each side, when I got off the bike at my brothers house(55 miles), but when I got home I spent time looking at my suspension, and looked and the wrinkles were gone, but I was pretty aggressive with the bike.
If I add another inch(foam rubber) to the Saddlemen, I think it would be close to perfect. That would make it a little wider, from the hump to the gas tank, and a little more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, my rear was not sore after 120+ miles, but I expected it to be more comfortable. NOTE2: The Saddlemen seat fit tight on the bike. That is one thing the OEM and the custom seat did not do. I could shake both of them, with a little slack movement. I would have to buy a rivet tool and and some "tailored" foam piece and insert it into the Saddlemen, which I think would be the fix.(if possible). When I was coming down the freeway, I had to lift my butt up, to shift back a little, because it sure does grip(ha). Conclusion: I really don't think there is a seat out there, for this bike, that would be good enough for a snug-comfortable ride. I believe you would have to modify the seat enough, while trying to not feel like you were on a YZ 490(ha).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you for the nice write up, I appreciate the effort! I am still trying to decide what seat to try next. My stock seat was reupholstered and it's just not cutting it.
An OEM comfort seat would be my advice to you since it's a lower cost with a (in my experience) very noticeable difference

·
Registered
167 Posts
Speaking of this, I put a few scratches on my frame fussing with the gas tank, any suggestions for getting rid of them on the matte paint or should I just decal over them?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
20 Posts
Removed the xsr badge in the center of the tank and re-installed my ecu which just came back from getting flashed. Can't wait to ride tomorrow now!

12021 - 12039 of 12039 Posts