Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12001 - 12020 of 12637 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
What about your screen?Is the increased noise bearable?Also is this the smoke or dark smoke?
I've actually gotten used to it. It's bearable, and smooth wind. I wanted to give it a week or so to see if it really was annoying and it's not. I also have lower bars I'm going to install here soon. It's the dark smoke :)

Reactions: 42286/

·
Registered
413 Posts
Found a sweet deal on pitbull stands front and rear. Night and day compared to my harbor freight rear stand. I don't have to use my car jack with a flat board underneath the exhaust anymore or hook a pulley to the ceiling to lift the front end(y)

·
Registered
184 Posts
didnt do anything per say but ordering new grips and intake stickers in Hot pink on a black bike....NICE. not afraid to have pink...its just a color.
also order bar end mirrors but need to ensure they can be fitted right as I have hand guards on my bike.

cant wait. started it yesterday after months on maint charger.........need to add my usb accessory to the plug on left side.

started to think about BIKE ALOT LATELY!!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cpto116 - that looks like the Yamaha option comfort seat, which was available in one variety for 14-16 models and another for 17+ (although they both fit all years - the seat itself is shaped a bit differently on the newer unit).

·
Registered
279 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaronv74, post: 879139, member:

What is the manufacturer of you seat Sir?
Hubris2 is correct, 14-16 OEM comfort seat from Yamaha.

·
Read Only
2017 FZ09
72 Posts
Yesterday ,I knocked a couple hundredths off my previous best ,perfect racing weather in Gainesville Florida ! View attachment 157698
Great ET, just bought a 2017 FZ09, love it. I've put 22 lbs on the bike, but I took off 27.5lbs, with parts and such, trying to make it faster, even on a diet, lost 2 lbs-ha, I'm 200 now. Is you bike stock? What changes did you make? Mine has Yoshi r77, and Vcyclenut flashed my ECU. Maybe you have some tips. 2017 FZ09-OLD MAN.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Obligatory pro taper Evo Carmichael bend install..need to re-drill the hole for the clutch-side controls, and I have some matte vinyl wrap for the clutch cable to install..but it feels amazing

Reactions: alnbama

·
Read Only
2017 FZ09
72 Posts
View attachment 157712
Alright... After a day riding with the SC project exhaust, I'm over it. lol
Definitely going to put the baffle in. It's probably louder than my ZRX with the Ti Muzzy system.
Good sign you're getting old when you say something is "too loud." :LOL:
Be 65 in June, went with the Yoshi r77, baffle out, all good, but at 80, does sound a little, but I'm most just passing 80.

·
Read Only
2017 FZ09
72 Posts
Let's see, just bought it few months ago so here the list......
1- Impaktech frt/rear cage
2- New adj clutch/brake levers(prev owner)
3- Ordered new seat last night Saddleman Gripper ($481)
4- T-rex tail light
5- Yoshi r77 (baffle out) headers
6- Vcyclenut flash
7- Rear spools(prev owner)
8- 2.5" Mirrors(prev owner,took them off, had to turn head to see)
9- Front pegs, rubber top(prev owner)
10-Carry Magnetic Bag Moto(tank, prev owner)
11-MRA Windsheild(prev owner)
Still, want to replace those terrible signal lights, get front shocks fixed, get down to 190-ha.
2017 FZ09.JPG

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great ET, just bought a 2017 FZ09, love it. I've put 22 lbs on the bike, but I took off 27.5lbs, with parts and such, trying to make it faster, even on a diet, lost 2 lbs-ha, I'm 200 now. Is you bike stock? What changes did you make? Mine has Yoshi r77, and Vcyclenut flashed my ECU. Maybe you have some tips. 2017 FZ09-OLD MAN.
My bike is stretched ,lowered ,stock motor

·
Purveyor of Neat Toys
99 Posts
Reactions: LouG

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I thought I'd do a TB sync and a few other jobs. So off comes the tank, I sit it on the rear subframe, just like i've done before, and go to get a lump of wood to keep it level. I'm in the shed and hear a crash. The bloody tank has fallen on to the floor and snapped the outlet tube from the fuel pump.
$NZ440 ex Aussie, thank you very much. Of course it would be too customer friendly to have a replaceable outlet pipe considering this must happen fairly often.

Reactions: cheech

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,801 Posts
Lou... AAAAAGH! ?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I thought I'd do a TB sync and a few other jobs. So off comes the tank, I sit it on the rear subframe, just like i've done before, and go to get a lump of wood to keep it level. I'm in the shed and hear a crash. The bloody tank has fallen on to the floor and snapped the outlet tube from the fuel pump.
$NZ440 ex Aussie, thank you very much. Of course it would be too customer friendly to have a replaceable outlet pipe considering this must happen fairly often.
That sucks !

12001 - 12020 of 12637 Posts