Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

11981 - 12000 of 12637 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Damn Chuck, that was big bike time not that many years ago-----well done!

Reactions: Cw09 and Jaronv74

·
Registered
378 Posts
14C10324-70D4-4521-A7ED-136FC49B7F99.jpeg
Alright... After a day riding with the SC project exhaust, I'm over it. lol
Definitely going to put the baffle in. It's probably louder than my ZRX with the Ti Muzzy system.
Good sign you're getting old when you say something is "too loud." :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Hey Brent, is that your "gangsta Chebby" behind your bike?

·
Registered
552 Posts
so after 6.3 years and 18k miles I figure time to change the antifreeze. Pretty easy job if you follow the manual (yep I got the free one years ago). All my bikes have Prestone yellow 50/50 mix so after flushing a few quarts of distilled water through I put in the Prestone in the radiator and then in the overflow bottle (that I earlier drained and washed out).
What came out was clean and I would say serviceable for even more miles. We get hot summers here and I often ride where it is 105 or more. Never had to add any coolant over the 6+ years. Nothing ever boiled out. When Vcyclenut flashed my ECU I had him set the fan on to 195 which I think helps in slow traffic.

PS: Don't tell me what you use for antifreeze, I'm not interested. I don't know if any car maker makes non-aluminum motors anymore so all coolants work with aluminum. My 2004 Mustang Cobra had a cast iron block but I think that is a thing of the past now.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
370 Posts
I gave the chain a good scrub and wiped the bugs off. Then rode it like I'm supposed to. Might be a bit chilly on the way home, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Got up early and threw on my puig touring screen, 14-16 comfort seat and tank grips before work :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah it is. I noticed a big difference, but I'm not sure if I like the trade off of less wind on my body, but lots more wind noise up in my helmet. I'm 6'5" and it feels like my head is right in the area where the screen is deflecting the wind

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wondered if you would experience buffeting around the helmet area. I had a similar height screen on my V-Strom and the buffeting was bad.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wondered if you would experience buffeting around the helmet area. I had a similar height screen on my V-Strom and the buffeting was bad.
I had a Puig touring on my FZ6 and it was perfect. That also had a half front fairing though. I'll ride it through the weekend to see if I really can't stand it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah it is. I noticed a big difference, but I'm not sure if I like the trade off of less wind on my body, but lots more wind noise up in my helmet. I'm 6'5" and it feels like my head is right in the area where the screen is deflecting the wind
I can see that. I'm quite a bit shorter, most of the wind hits my shoulders and a bit more to the face than without. For me, it's a calmer wind, buffeting isn't bad.

The other thing with that screen: it doesn't seem to cause steering problems for me as some have complained about with other screens.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah I'm not getting any actual buffeting causing head movement, just a great increase in wind noise. The air hitting me is quite smooth, just loud.

Good to know about the steering inputs. I could see that being an issue with certain screens

·
Registered
279 Posts
De-badged, de-stickered, waxed, and 4,000 mile check up done. ready for some bike protection, and some carbon bits :)
IMG_20200209_164448__01.jpg

Reactions: alnbama
11981 - 12000 of 12637 Posts