Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

11941 - 11960 of 12633 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got my zx6 shock back from service and got them installed(Used them for 4 years straight from fleebay) .Cleaned the throttle body .Bike feels good .
Upcoming weekend project ,Swap the andreani fork springs from stock to 0.9.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Time for a new chain and sprockets so I replaced the 525 Superlites with a 520 Superlite conversion.
Dropped one tooth on the rear and replaced the EK chain with an RK.
New Chain & Sprockets!---Nov 2019 001.JPG
New Chain & Sprockets!---Nov 2019 002.JPG
New Chain & Sprockets!---Nov 2019 003.JPG

·
Registered
576 Posts
I really like that rear sprocket! Aren't you afraid that a 520 will stretch too much too fast? I converted my F4i to 520 and it didn't last near as long and without being a racer, there really wasn't a benefit. Well, I guess I won more local bench races! ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ugh the wait is killing me. Not that I can ride the bike till April with our winters but still...

Once I get everything in I'm going to buy some pizza and beer and have a few buddies over to help me put the exhaust on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What does that mean?
I was having to run the adjustable preload on the fork caps all the way in. So to give me back some adjustment I installed 1/4" longer preload spring spacers in the forks. Forks feel good for me now with the preload adjusters screwed in 1/2 turn. Plenty of adjustment left if needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tearing the Sprint apart waiting for my new tires , hopefully tomorrow. Did brakes, fork oil, levers, front signals , oil and filter. Bit chilly in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Exhaust bypass operation and Cheating the ECU.
Made an easy bypass on the original exhaust system to get more flow on the exhaust. Removed the original CO2 lambda sensor and made a 'Gizmo' to cheat the ECU that it's still connected. With the right resistance etc then the ecu thinks it's running to lean and gives more gas. Inserted a lambda sensor to measure the Air/Gas (stoichiometric) that is readable while riding the bike.
Have run it now for 200 Km and no engine warning lights etc and it does run richer. that was the purpose so i could get to work on the exhaust system. The original is just a temporary solution will make a new stainless or titan system when the snow arrives here. ;-(. And hack the ECU off course.
Sounds like a real 'bike' now. ;-). Worked for 4 hr's to get it together. Hot paint on the exhaust unit does look a lot better.
Some picks etc on the bypass etc.
Unfortunately my TIG weld Broke down so no HF and pulse and unstable Amp. Succeeded to get it together, even if not the nicest weld I've done, it will hold for it's purpose.
Do you remember what value the resistors were that you used?

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, that red is stunning! The late afternoon sun makes for a great pic.

Took mine out Sun for a 60 mi run. 44* (f) on Dec 22, how could a person pass that up?
Had just got back from walking the dogs when I noticed that the light was good. Quickly repositioned the bike and ran in and grabbed my camera, Was able to snap off three or four pictures before the sun went behind a cloud.
TG

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yesterday, my parts arrived that I ordered to convert my FZ over to the GP shift pattern... 1 up and 5 down. This shift pattern will now match my track bike shift pattern so that there won't be any...aw shit moments getting mixed up with two different shift patterns.
I switched my FZ over to GP style shift pattern back in April and I LOVE IT!!!

11941 - 11960 of 12633 Posts