Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

11901 - 11920 of 11935 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I upgraded the clutch to the slipper from the XSR and installed a quickshifter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Soooooo I’m pretty mechanically challenged so the majority of the day was spent in the garage . The most I’ve ever done on a motorcycle was an oil change and chain lube.

Finally installed my sanded and repainted OEM bar ends post hurricane Dorian

Had a little friend join me lol

I caught him and let him out to the bushes.

The bar end and mirror install was easy following the nylon spacer mod everyone on here has done. One of the mirrors had a stripped hole where the bolt went in so I have only one for the time being while the manufacturer gets me another.

After that I did my first coolant flush, and drained the oil. Took me about 30 mins to take the damn oil filter off cause it was over tightened and I didn’t have an oil wrench. Proceeding to carefully stab it with a screwdriver and twist. New oil filter is K&N with the nut attachment so I won’t suffer again.

With the oil and coolant drained I followed another post on how to replace the crank case cover. The previous owner scratched her and I am super OCD about scratches.

That’s what took up most of my day. Disassembly was simple enough, finding a damn 14mm Allen wrench at the local stores was a pain. And reassembly had me suffering for a good hour since I wasn’t trying to force the stator cover on. Turned out there is an elongated washer that connects from the case to a gear. It wasn’t seated all the way and prevented the case from going flush. After I reassembled that , I flushed the old coolant one last time, plugged her up. Filled in coolant, filled her up with fresh oil.

Before

During

After

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been waiting on mine for two weeks now, frick you revzilla

how do they feel? what height did you choose?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I chose the 1". I installed them in the down position w/ no spacers. They're awesome. Gave the bike a little more attitude. I was curious how they would feel in the up position, so after work today I switched them around. Super easy since the bars can be separated from the adapter pretty much intact. Got a little late so I'll take her out tomorrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I installed VSYSTO M2F Pro motorcycle front and rear dash cam system. If for nothing else than my own amusement of being able to relive a ride over and over again. But mainly it is in case a cager decides to run over me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got tired of the front end wallow and unsettled feeling when negotiating less than glassy smooth sweepers. And also the flippin' brake dive. So I spent the last few evenings upgrading the stock fork internals with RaceTech Gold Valves. Took the scooter for a post maintenance spin tonight.

Mini review: HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sat racing hooks, versa brake pads and Motul DOT 4 brake fluid. Why the hooks?...cause I got a killer deal from a FZ09 member.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my eBay windscreen in, didn't have the cool Mt-09 in yellow on it like I ordered, but it's not the end of the world. Put on my bar end mirrors the other night after staring at them next to a set of Koso's I had for an hour. I used a scrap of conduit for spacers, worked out really well. Put on my nifty phone mount, have done about 200 miles without putting my phone in it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not sure if this is to everyone's taste but I knocked up this little guard in an effort to keep my rear wheel cleaner. So far its been working perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not sure if this is to everyone's taste but I knocked up this little guard in an effort to keep my rear wheel cleaner. So far its been working perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
That is ingenious! Almost looks like a factory option if it had hex heads for those bolts.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Like it. Though I would paint the bracket the same color as the swing arm. I can't remember what color that is, but there's some threads on here that have the brand and color name that matches. I used it on my license plate relocation bracket and it looks like a factory part.

11901 - 11920 of 11935 Posts