41 - 60 of 12039 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Purchased brake lines and levers

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ordered tank grips and protector from Stoltec group buy.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I park my 09 on jack stand, she's exhaustless until I get CJ's exhaust. I rode the FZ6R to work today... could have been worst.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I park my 09 on jack stand, she's exhaustless until I get CJ's exhaust. I rode the FZ6R to work today... could have been worst.
Adjusted chain today.
It had about one inch of slack in it.
I brought it to spec. Interestingly the axle is hollow. I looked through it a as I lined up both sides to eliminate parallax error. I also used an awl as a pointer. It fit right into the slot on the swing arm and proved to be an excellent pointer for for the side scales.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
1300 miles... I need to check it out too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have purchase a 3/8" drive torque rench and a 27mm box for chain slack ajustement.
Chain slack is over 1" on a 1,250km bike...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I took the bike to my local upholstery shop to see what he could do with the seat what he wants to do is first pretty much just raise the front part more foam of the sea and then cut the back down a little bit. He believes the entire Padding is about 2 inches thick so the first thing he wants to do is take everything down to 1 inch then in the front he will have different's thickness of padding so we will add on if he needs more in the front and on the back obviously he'll just add more soft padding until it's fairly level so it won't be pushing you for forward and I will have a softer seat I am dropping the bike off to him on Monday so he can have the whole bike and see what it actually look like as he does this. I also switched out my stock headlight with a Piaa blub it's not a bad job it's just you have like 8 screws and bolts to take out just to get to the bulb. Picked up the tank protectors today so that my jacket doesn't scratch the tank also the tools and chemicals I need to clean my Chain I also ordered a rear wheel lift from motorcycle superstore should have it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Screw that! Still mid 80s here during the day. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wired in First gear hookup for jacket liner and gloves using a dual wireless heat controller. Will try to test it a 7am tomorrow as it was 72 degrees when I was done.

I also did my second oil/filter change at 611 miles. Pretty much broke in in my book so will be a little easier on it. Filtered the oil through a paper towel and nothing showed up again. Used the -50 Yamaha filter. My CTX uses the K&N-204 so may use that next time. Oiled the chain too. I use second trip odometer to track how many miles since last chain lube. try to use 300 miles.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I took the leather strap off the seat today, now I can comfortably sit a little further back on the seat, which helps my foot position.

I fueled it up for the first time... now I'm ready to ride tomorrow. :)

41 - 60 of 12039 Posts