Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Got my eBay windscreen in, didn't have the cool Mt-09 in yellow on it like I ordered, but it's not the end of the world. Put on my bar end mirrors the other night after staring at them next to a set of Koso's I had for an hour. I used a scrap of conduit for spacers, worked out really well. Put on my nifty phone mount, have done about 200 miles without putting my phone in it.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Some tank grip pads, radiator cover and I put the stock seat back on, but I'm going back to the comfort seat. I have side radiator covers, but I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the blinkers before I put them on. Also, some neat mileage when I got home.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Did about 250 miles yesterday, and then decide to pull everything apart....

Getting ready to send out ECU, maybe air filter and block off plates.....the backfiring is starting to grow on me since I have earplugs now...

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
I got a deal on mine I couldn't pass up!

I'd like to hear about the helmet after you've had a chance to use it.
Once I get a chance to ride in it a little I'll write something up on here, maybe make a video if I'm bored. Initial fit is snug, if your normal size feels tight, I'd size up. Quality is top notch, I did notice a small paint imperfection, but the carbon panels and the detail of the graphic is great. D rings feel really nice, easy to use. The visor has a metal latching mechanism and I doubt it will wear out any time soon. The drop down visor is a wire fed one instead of a spring load so its buttery smooth and easy to operate.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Got pictures with them intake and full... Would love to see it... Looking for an affordable option
I actually got a sweet deal on a US-20 on ebay last night. Looking for another one to finish the setup. I havent tested the US30 yet but it's way bigger than it looks. I feel like I could live out of that alone, but I pack light. The R35 takes some messing with to get it to fit right, but once it's got a few things in it you can tell it's going to feel good riding. The system to attach the bags to each other is straight forward and looks like it offers a variety of combos depending on how brave you are. If you dont want a permanent rack system on your bike I'd keep an eye open for deals.

I bought my 30 from thevisorshop.com and it was here in less than a week even with the pandemic for like $160.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Got pictures with them intake and full... Would love to see it... Looking for an affordable option
Finally got the straps mounted up and bag mounted in a way that I feel good about. Took longer than I expected because I was particular with how I wanted them to look while exposed. I am not worried about this ever coming off. And I'm glad I found a way to hide the loops as well.

It fits 2 pairs of pants, my astars riding pants, a sweatshirt, 2 pairs of long John's, 4 shirts, a tank top, a pair of shorts, 5 pairs of socks and underwear, sweatpants, a pair of shoes, and extra gloves. The side pockets still have room.

Oh and I put my woodcrafts on the wrong way ?

Attachments

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Get a rack! The Yamaha branded one I got was a good investment and if you don't like the look- it's pretty easy to remove.
I looked into that and the "official" saddle bags. It's just soooooo expensive for a very nice looking piece of plastic and comparatively I have spent the same amount on 2 of the kriega bags (KUSC30 and KUSB20). The only difference is the C stands for Cordura and the B is a leather top. The modular system bags fit really well on the seat once filled up. I love the fact I can latch a couple 20's to the 30 and my R35 bag right on top, with sturdy straps. If I cant get through trips with 105 litres of storage I'm going to just buy a trailer and tow the bike. ?

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
I'll tell you, I rode all day with the R35 today and I actually forgot I was wearing it at one point. I had never heard of Kriega before I searched on here, they've got me for life.

I feel like the 10 would be a perfect tank bag. If you're looking thevisorshop.com had the 30 for $160 shipped to the states, and an aussie seller on Ebay has 20's for $130 shipped.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Have you shopped at the visorshop? I was looking at getting some sidi boots and they have a great price. But never heard of them.
Got my Us30 from them, it was here in less than a week. I'd trust them, but dont buy helmets overseas, they don't come DOT certified. I learned the hard way.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Just finished wiring up the STS brake light modular and the auto blinker shut off. View attachment 158917
I havent hooked mine up after swapping out for an integrated light, but man this thing is a great product. My friends behind me hate this thing.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Got my wheels off and over for new shoes....didnt realize I still had the stock dunlop on the front! Trying to think of a way to set up an extra light on top, and planning my last second details for the ECR trip. The plan is, get there.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Yeah Richmonds, I got those and a pair of speed and strength thumpers on Ebay for $90 worn once. They're both like designer jeans and you cant even tell when the pads are in.

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Some last second projects before I leave tomorrow morning. I figure a radar detector and a little extra light cant hurt. Fitted my loaded bags to the bike and took a spin to see how it felt.

Reactions: Muc

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
Good advice, I made sure to velcro the radar detector on so I could pull it off in certain situations. I really dont speed too much and it's more so I know theres not a car half way in the road over the next hill.

As for tape, I have electrical and duck in my bag, along with every tool needed to pull the bike apart and put back together. With the kriega 30 and 20 fully loaded it felt like riding 2 up. I got really OCD about balancing the load and what went where in the bags, so it feels good. They can hold a ton if you know how to pack.

Oh....and Muc, I have good news.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts