Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 30 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Just put the flashed ECU in yesterday morning. On my way to work a newer Porsche 911 Turbo aggressively switches lanes behind me and pulls way to close for comfort. He revs his engine, then squalls his rear tires with his front tires locked. I'm thinking RYR(ride your own ride) Next thing I know I'm doing a 360 visual for the law. 4500 rpm, 1st gear, A mode, up on tank, blast off, good test for dis abled rev limiter, pinned throttle while trying to keep front wheel on pavement. Next red light leads to the interstate with a 2 lane on ramp merging into 1, I was in the left lane stopped at the light and the Porsche was slowing in the right, ha, he was slowing down to get a running start, didn't get a chance to test the speed limiter dis able, but came close. Once on the interstate I slowed for the Porsche to pass. He was not going too... cause the FZ shamed him and his 6 digit hot rod.

On the first day with the Vcycle flash I noticed much smoother shifting, more power in 2, 3, 4 gears. A mod default, no rev limiter , radiator fan came on around 180 degree's. All this, with the new Akra Pipe singing at 8-9 rpm.:):):)

· Registered
549 Posts
Took the cover off my stock seat, cut out stock foam and replaced with memory foam. Hats Off to you with the patience to do this mod. I had a manual staple gun, help from my daughter, clamps and still took way to long and I'm not satisfied with the job.

Went from all purpose Yamalube(10w 40) to full synthetic Mobil 1. My shifts are smoother now.

· Registered
549 Posts
KN oil and air filters. 91 ounces of 10w-40 Mobil 1 synthetic. Measured and cleaned up my air box mode. Lubed clutch cable and cleaned and lubed chain. Here in the low country it's 90 degrees and raining. Went for a ride to see if I noticed a difference and got soaked.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Rim

· Registered
549 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive tire

Did radiator flush 3x. 1/2 vinegar 1/2 distilled water. Then added ***** Ass. I mean engine ice, I won't follow the manual next time cause this process took way to long and that reservoir is a back breaker. Also don't think my FZ runs any cooler than factory coolant.

· Registered
549 Posts
Used to practice using the horn in an emergency. Now practice throttle blipping. Did Stoltech moto horn relocation after 6 years of riding the FZ. Much easier to use the front stand and much cleaner look. Re oiled K~N air filter after 10,000 miles.

· Registered
549 Posts
Track day prep:
-drained engine ice and put in distilled water
-all lights disconnected and tapped
-mirrors, blinkers, feelers off
-new versa front brake pads with motul fluid
-tightened front and rear suspension
- air pressure at 30 front and 30 rear
-rented trailer from u-haul

Got home and put everything back on. Running the piss out of my FZ I can say that engine ice works keeps the engine cooler than distilled water.

· Registered
549 Posts
Getting the FZ ready for the track day with Darf and MK3brent at CMP next Friday.
  • fresh oil
  • drained engine ice and replaced with distilled water
-unhooked headlight and taped lights
-checked chain slack, brake pads
-new brake fluid
-cleaned, oiled KN air filter
-taped tire weights
-reserved a u haul trailer
-took off mirrors

· Registered
549 Posts

Getting ready for the track at CMP with Darf and MK3Brent. Going to be sunny and cool with a high of 73. I'm having to much fun with the blue tape. I'll stiffen up the suspension and probably run 30 front and 30 rear for air pressure. Bought a new battery because I've had the same battery for 5 years now. Ha, Ha trying to think of anything I could forget that would ruin my track day.

1 - 19 of 30 Posts