Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 13578 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,798 Posts
Yesterday, my parts arrived that I ordered to convert my FZ over to the GP shift pattern... 1 up and 5 down. This shift pattern will now match my track bike shift pattern so that there won't be any...aw shit moments getting mixed up with two different shift patterns.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nope, not quite that simple. It involves a bit of work, but it's doable without buying expensive rearsets.
Every bike I've owned I've just been able to flip it. SV650/Ninja 250/ Hyo 650. The shift pushrod is definitely mounted different with it going almost vertical but I would have thought it would still be almost the same.
Did you just need to buy a different length rod or something?

I would assume you would just have to flip this piece.

·
Super Moderator
5,798 Posts
Every bike I've owned I've just been able to flip it. SV650/Ninja 250/ Hyo 650. The shift pushrod is definitely mounted different with it going almost vertical but I would have thought it would still be almost the same.
Did you just need to buy a different length rod or something?

I would assume you would just have to flip this piece.

When you try to just flip it, the shift linkage will not clear the round hole area of the footpeg where the swingarm bolt goes through to the other side. I am in the process of doing a write up on how to do it, complete with a parts list. I'll post it up in the "Build"section when I'm done.

1 - 20 of 13578 Posts