Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meaning the little things that we all do to things that we love/use on a daily basis? Not talking about performance mods or repainting the whole bike but things like putting a tank pad on etc. Those little things that let you know which bike is your if you were to park it next to a couple of other same color/model bikes.

I'm thinking about putting an orange 1/2" strip down the center of the front fender, ala the black stipe on the tank. Problem will be getting the right color with all the flake that's in the tank.

JW

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The littlest things I've done... which no one else would probably notice... is change the gas cap bolts, and the clutch cable adjuster (not yet installed)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Suspension and brake upgrades were the first things that I did to make the bike mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Suspension was a major objective on this bike, since we all know that the stock stuff is woefully inadequate for many of us.

The small things that I've done so far is switch the shifter to GP shift, add some shorty brake and clutch levers, a couple of fz09.org stickers, a Stoltec Moto decal, LED headlight, tailbag, windscreen, Stop and Go tire plugging kit with CO2 carts., a Deals Gap Dragon decal, Dunlop Q3s, Speigler brake lines, GPS mount for my Garmin, horn relocation.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine. All mine.. not yours. Mine.

IMG_20140419_141406967.jpg IMG_20140419_141352748.jpg IMG_20140406_150647498_HDR.jpg IMG_20140406_150630847.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Bill Murray riding shotgun of course

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Custom modded my Powerbronze belly pan to show off my beautiful akrapovic ti exhaust.

Before:
View attachment 5098

After:
View attachment 5099
Nicely done! I think that belly pan will help hide the stock muffler really well. I will have to consider it.

I ordered a "vanity" plate before I even took possession of the bike. "3OA KND" guess it would stand apart in a line of Orange FZ's.

·
Registered
833 Posts
So far, my Bronco decals tucked into the area under the seat, autobot emblem just above the headlight and the Ermax hugger. Still deciding on screen, and exhaust and tuning to be done in fall/winter. Right now it is time to put some miles on her.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts