Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
641 - 658 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
600 mile/1000km service.
Now I'm ready to ride, just need to get off this damn lock down carnival ride.

Before I put it in for the run in service I had installed a STS brake light flasher and some hyper-lights.
If the weather tomorrow is a little better than it has been of late I'll post a few pics.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,089 Posts
What tank bag do you have there? I’ve just started looking but there are a lot of options
If you mean mine, it’s the Hepco & Becker Lock-It tank ring system. Love it…

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was going to post a pic of the hyper lights but it was pretty uninspiring. On the up side, my Madstad touring screen arrived today. I already fitted the fly screen a month ago and there are pics further back in this thread (#629).

The guys from Madstad have been really helpful all along the way, with email advice and touching base with me about selecting the right sized touring screen. Mark Stadnyk from Madstad is about the same height as me and when I thought an 18 inch screen would be ideal he offered to take a few selfie pics astride his XSR for comparison. It actually helped as my measuring was a bit suspect and I would have ended up with a screen that would be on the short side. So a few pics back and forth confirming a 20" screen is perfect. I all arrived and it took maybe ten-fifteen minutes to assemble and fit. The difference is pretty amazing, it is quiet behind the screen, the wind noise dissappears as does the buffetting. I am yet to play around with the tilt function. We are in Covid lockdown here in Melbourne at the moment so a freeway/highway run is not on for a few weeks yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
This may sound harsh, but for me, putting that on not only spoils the looks but tells me you've got the wrong bike. If you want a super comfy non-windy bike then go buy a KTM 1190 ADV... or one of the hundreds of other choices. The XSR900 is a retro cafe style and comes with the good and bad that this genre brings.
Of course this is only my personal choice and a bit harsh... but hey, i said it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This may sound harsh, but for me, putting that on not only spoils the looks but tells me you've got the wrong bike. If you want a super comfy non-windy bike then go buy a KTM 1190 ADV... or one of the hundreds of other choices. The XSR900 is a retro cafe style and comes with the good and bad that this genre brings.
Of course this is only my personal choice and a bit harsh... but hey, i said it.
No thats cool mate, to each is own. For regular riding the fly screen is great and all I need. I have a few weekly long freeway runs coming up in the next two years or so as I oversee a house construction so its gonna be good for that, and why I wanted the flexibility. I had a naked FZ6 before this as I love the rawness of the wind and the stripped down feel and look of naked bikes. Its not harsh its just a point of view.

Reactions: Weeksy

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,089 Posts
I guess if you ever find yourself riding with a tail wind, you could just shut the engine off and coast… 😛

That is some kind of windscreen! 😉

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess if you ever find yourself riding with a tail wind, you could just shut the engine off and coast… 😛

That is some kind of windscreen! 😉
yeah its big alright but it does go lower than that. As I said to Weeksy its for a specific purpose-long boring freeway runs! Gives me more flexibility.

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not necessarily today but I have installed: 2 10 watt LED driving lights, voltmeter, 12v accessory socket, center stand, Yamaha windshield and luggage rack.
How did you wire the Led lamps? And where did you mount them? I just purchased a set for mine. Any pictures?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was going to post a pic of the hyper lights but it was pretty uninspiring. On the up side, my Madstad touring screen arrived today. I already fitted the fly screen a month ago and there are pics further back in this thread (#629).

The guys from Madstad have been really helpful all along the way, with email advice and touching base with me about selecting the right sized touring screen. Mark Stadnyk from Madstad is about the same height as me and when I thought an 18 inch screen would be ideal he offered to take a few selfie pics astride his XSR for comparison. It actually helped as my measuring was a bit suspect and I would have ended up with a screen that would be on the short side. So a few pics back and forth confirming a 20" screen is perfect. I all arrived and it took maybe ten-fifteen minutes to assemble and fit. The difference is pretty amazing, it is quiet behind the screen, the wind noise dissappears as does the buffetting. I am yet to play around with the tilt function. We are in Covid lockdown here in Melbourne at the moment so a freeway/highway run is not on for a few weeks yet.
I am really digging this. This will work great for my trip in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tints and shades Musical instrument accessory Wood Human leg Denim

Home made tail tidy!
£22 for the tail light and indicators, bit of steel lying around, 7 bullet connectors and a dash of black paint!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Graves exhaust, Lextek rear sets and ECU Woolich reflash plus race tools with 8K launch control and quickshifter, all by vcyclenut. Firstly, supreme customer service from Dave. The throttle is now night and day difference, quickshifting is fun (never had it before), exhaust sounds mental and the rear sets are positioned just slightly back and up and still very comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First mod in the books, Tank Grips! Bought some techspec Xline Tank pads. installed over the weekend along with ceramic coating on anything not black, the wheels soaked it up!

As for the tank grips, before I would slide out of position (forward, removing my knees from the tank) during braking. Now I stay in position much easier, including during harder mountain riding.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey agf, whats the brand of rear luggage rack is that??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey agf, whats the brand of rear luggage rack is that??
Hey Paul, its a "UnitGarage" rack. Theye are available direct from them or via Webike Japan

Italian company, they respond to emails pretty quickly and shipping was pretty quick too

Shipments and returns:
Unit Garage

Via Roma 73
61020 Tavoleto (PU)
Italia

Office and R&D:
Unit Garage

Via Annibolina 19
47832 San Clemente (RN)
Italia
Cf e Piva 04242270405
[email protected]