Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
621 - 640 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I have had my XSR for 5 weeks this coming Saturday. I think I've done just over 500 km (the weather has been pretty awful and we have had a Covid lockdown) Thats about the same as I would do when I was commuting to work, so I am happy enough with that. I reckon I've spent close to $700 on it in that time with the latest addition being JPR shorty levers. I had the same brand on my FZ6 and really liked the finish and the price. 30 minutes and the install is done.

Reactions: Fezzer9

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
163 Posts
Are those bar-end weights aftermarket? If so, how much of a difference did they make?

One of mine was knocked off recently giving me an opportunity to upgrade from OEM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are those bar-end weights aftermarket? If so, how much of a difference did they make?

One of mine was knocked off recently giving me an opportunity to upgrade from OEM.
hey how are you going?
these are HVMP bar weights: HVMP Motorcycle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations
They are 17 oz stainless steel. I had them on my FZ6 and they made an awesome difference to the buzzziness of the in line4. The grips are from:
http://www.originalgripbuddies.com/

Both products were so good for solving the vibration issue,and I liked the look of them. So I put the orginal barends on the FZ6 when I sold it and installed them on the XSR, although it was hardly really necessary, but I really like the look. With the grip buddies, I had simply become used to a fatter grip. I still had a few grip kits so put them on to meet that need. They were the first mods I did-after about having the bike home for 30 minutes.

hope this helps

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
163 Posts
Thanks for the info @agf. I'll probably pick those weights up once they're back in stock. The handlebar on the '21 MT-09 is a bit narrow, so having the extra width would be nice. Plus the extra vibration absorption.

Still waiting for the dealer to do their assessment after my bike was knocked over. Hopefully there isn't any damage that requires replacing mission critical parts, like the transmission (which took the brunt of the fall along with the handlebar). I have a feeling if that's the case I'll be waiting a long time for the parts to arrive from Yamaha.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its a small addition but I think it gives a nice little balance

Reactions: psycoreefer

·
Registered
36 Posts
fitted the Madstad flyscreen

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
36 Posts
here ya go

Attachments

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
59 Posts
So not all at the aame time but withun the last month.
K-tech ssk piston kit on front sus
K-tech rzaor lite rear shock
Fitted the kreiga tank strap i’ve had for a while
New pirelli angel ST front and rear

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,383 Posts
And today I've added a USB charger with USB-A and USB-C, with both QC3.0 and PD protocols for fast charging, voltmeter and on/off switch.

Mounted with a couple of zip-ties (has a couple of holes specifically for zips) and well hidden behind that tiny grill above the headlight

Where did you get the charger?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey I’m new a member/owner. Had the bike for a few months, love it. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• NRC fender delete/LED
  • CRG L/S mirrors
  • Rhino Moto gen 1 bar ends
  • ASV shorties
  • Motodemic gauge relocation, headlight side brackets and m-blaze turn signals
  • Givi radiator guard
  • Plasti dipped black the silver parts on the front fender/side panel on radiator/rear 3 hole thingy (!)… admittedly didn’t do a good job but ok for now (may throw them in powder coating job - see below)

Future mods in progress:

• Graves ti/carbon exhaust and Woolich tune/race tools (ordered from vcyclenut)
  • powder coat rear sets black

I’m also considering suspension upgrade, GPR stabilizer (the knock-on effect of handlebar changes is noteworthy and I’m struggling to decide), carbon fiber front fender, center tank cover, rear hugger and a Dart screen… but I also have bills to pay so it’ll have to wait lol.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,383 Posts
Hey I’m new a member/owner. Had the bike for a few months, love it. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• NRC fender delete/LED
  • CRG L/S mirrors
  • Rhino Moto gen 1 bar ends
  • ASV shorties
  • Motodemic gauge relocation, headlight side brackets and m-blaze turn signals
  • Givi radiator guard
  • Plasti dipped black the silver parts on the front fender/side panel on radiator/rear 3 hole thingy (!)… admittedly didn’t do a good job but ok for now (may throw them in powder coating job - see below)

Future mods in progress:

• Graves ti/carbon exhaust and Woolich tune/race tools (ordered from vcyclenut)
  • powder coat rear sets black

I’m also considering suspension upgrade, GPR stabilizer (the knock-on effect of handlebar changes is noteworthy and I’m struggling to decide), carbon fiber front fender, center tank cover, rear hugger and a Dart screen… but I also have bills to pay so it’ll have to wait lol.
Good lookin bike. Did it come with gold wheels like that?

621 - 640 of 669 Posts