Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
601 - 620 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, that’s a nice price! 😃 I might just have to think about that one. Be sure to give us a ride review as soon as you can!
Hey, 1st ride in the dark last night with new headlight. I was really impressed! Especially compared to the dull OEM headlight.
No regrets at all, and very happy

·
Registered
11 Posts
The PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) Hwy 1 is still closed because of the slide south of Monterey at 'Rat' Creek...A great ride on the XSR900 but be sure you get gas (a few of my CHP friends on their BMWs with larger tanks had no problems) at Big Sur just to be safe. The fog stayed off the coast for most of the afternoon but on the way back it started🥶 moving in...will take pictures next time...I was asked to tag-along at the last minute soooo did not bring camera...PEACE RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well that was a good and half rubbish day at Silverstone today.
We arrived to dry weather and i got the bikes ready, the warmers on (thanks to Fil2) and the bike had plenty of fuel.

The sighting laps were devestatingly slow, which was good in a way as the mount i'd used for the GoPro was a disaster and it was close to falling off. It was held on also with cable ties so i wouldn't have lost it as such. Quick removal of that and i went out at the back of the group.
Silverstone had put both me and Mrs Weeksy in group 1... i ideally wanted group 2 but wee got what we got. The pace of the group was slow and i was catching and passing many riders, only being overtaken once in the session but i held onto him after he went past and we stayed together to the end of the session.
Session 2 was faster at the pointy end and in some ways highlighted to me just how fast some big bikes are... I was there in the corners, but on the straights i was killed by a Big Bang R1 and a Fireblade. I had someone else who was on a late gsxr750 who i could hang onto on the straight but passing them wasn't happening. I'd lose about 5 bike lengths in the straight and i could have made a lunge but would have been harsh. So i sat behind until right near the end of the session when we had a light smattering of rain on the visor and they lacked confidence compared to me and it became an easy pass then.

Sadly after that the big boy rains came and that was end of day... so there's not a lot else to report.

Enjoyed it though.

2021-05-03_01-55-16 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

·
Registered
48 Posts
Most recent mod is an Akrapovic Carbon Racing Line exhaust that I bought used from a friend and an FTECU flash tuner. The bike sounds so mean with the exhaust on! The throttle is also about 100 times smoother after the flash!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I made a video about the install on my YouTube channel:

·
Registered
13 Posts
With some spare time due to the Melbourne lockdown. I got to fit my new exhaust today. No chance to take it for a ride though. It's an Aliexpress mash up of Akra copy headers and SC style muffler. I was after a more retro look, didn't want to spend a bomb, but wanted the longer pipe length of the Akra style exhaust. It was a PIA to fit as the headers didn't quite line up. I had to use some blocks of wood to spread the headers until they lined up, also the wire to the O2 sensor doesn't have any slack to go back in its original routing. Otherwise ok and the overall weight saving is almost 4.5kg and I'm happy with the way it sounds with the dB killer in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
'fraid I posted on the general FZ-09 page as opposed to the XSR page but this is what I have done on my bike in the 10 days since I took delivery ( pics of most
things):
HVMP 17 oz bar ends
Carbon Barkbusters
Sharkskin grips
Helmet Lock
Dealer fitted R&G axle protector and frame protector (rear bobbins to come)
suede seat
Unit Garage luggage rack
Beowulf radiator guard
perspex headlight protector
battery tender wiring
speedo/tach guage film protector
swing arm "yamaha Logo" reflectors
passenger peg extenders

still to come:
carbon front fender extender
Madstad fly screen
Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Wheel
Wheel Automotive tire Light Motorcycle Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Hood
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: meinschaft

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,141 Posts
I say run it. Looks cool.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,354 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing this also, but my solution to the problem is just some black knee or thigh high women's pantyhose in my jacket pocket. If I find myself doing a lot of miles at night I simply slip a pair over the display and it dims it down quite nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks great. Is that the LSL drag bar? Any issues with clearance or install?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yes it is. The clearance to the tank is pretty tight for the switches, and it took a bit of fiddling with the clutch and throttle cables but it all works well once in place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great. Is that the LSL drag bar? Any issues with clearance or install?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
How come no one has commented on this!!! Please tell me how you did this. It looks amazing!
It's simply a bit of lighting gel cut to size.

601 - 620 of 669 Posts