Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

521 - 540 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
...somewhere between 1st and 2nd gear when testing A-mode my left side mirror thought enough was enough and bailed out.
Chicken shit...
🤣
🐥
🐣

So I guess I'm mounting an new mirror today.
View attachment 159521
Haha oh damn! I know my chinese knock-off CRG Lanesplitters used to fold in a certain speed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Added some plastidip. The matte black is still drying.

Reactions: Springbok

·
Registered
93 Posts
Added some more black/green touches.

Front Fender currently getting done black too.

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the finished product

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not bad for my first attempt with plastidip. Came out alright I think.

Reactions: BattleBornBike

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my 2016 XSR 900 earlier this year, with around 8500 miles on it. First pic is what it looked like directly from the prior owner after I got it home and gave it a wash. Bike was entirely stock besides the cheap Puig fly screen, a set of hideous eBay LED turn signals, and a pair of budget tires with a punctured side wall. Those things had to go.

Second pic is current. Coming from a CB750, I wanted the benefits and performance of a more modern machine while still retaining the well rounded "UJM" spirit. The XSR, with its MT09 bones, seemed like it would fit the bill. Here's what's been done so far.

• Pirelli Rosso Corsa II's
  • Yamaha OEM Sport Screen (big improvement from the Puig)
  • R&G Rear Hugger (fits the bike much better than the OEM recycled MT09 part.
  • TST LED Signals
  • Aukee LED Headlight Bulb
  • Corbin Gunfighter & Lady Seat (all natural black leather)
  • Womet Tech Protection Pack (frame, bar end, front axle, and swingarm sliders)
  • Graves Tail Tidy
  • Givi Radiator Guard
  • Battery Tender Lead
  • Tackform Phone Mount
It's most of the way to where I want it now. I've got a front+rear dash / rear view cam setup (Akeeyo) waiting to be installed, and the piece de resistance on order - a set of gloss black tank covers from Bunker Custom (@bunkercustom) with white block "YAMAHA" logos on the sides. Once those get here, I'll pull the stock covers, run the dash cam wiring, and pull the ECU to send off for flashing. I'll probably add a quickshifter at the same time, seems like the most recent version of the Translogic is working well for people.

If anyone has a gloss black front fender and headlight bucket they'd like to trade for the matte grey / silver ones, shoot me a PM. Otherwise I'll probably get mine painted eventually.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts
Interested in how the camera install turns out, I've thought a rearview camera might be nicer than mirrors, but I don't think I want a big ugly screen on my bars either....

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
385 Posts
What are you using for rear camera viewing or is it just for accident purposes or bike mounted videos

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interested in how the camera install turns out, I've thought a rearview camera might be nicer than mirrors, but I don't think I want a big ugly screen on my bars either....
It took a few tries to get the screen positioned in a way that I liked, but I finally got it mounted as cleanly as I wanted with a RAM 9mm bolt head base, a short RAM arm, and a threaded ball (like you'd use for a GoPro) on the screen. Nestles in perfectly with the speedo unit, and phone mount. Still trying to find a way to get the phone mount pulled in a little tighter to the bars. I don't have the cameras mounted yet, but I'll post follow up pics once everything is finalized.

What are you using for rear camera viewing or is it just for accident purposes or bike mounted videos
All three. The system I'm using (Akeeyo AKY-958) has two cameras, one front and one rear. The control unit / screen can display a live feed for either camera, or both with picture-in-picture. I'll mostly use it as a rear-view camera, stock mirrors on the XSR aren't really out far enough to give great visibility, and the bar end ones I've seen are all really small. It's got a separate button that you can mount wherever you want, and pressing it lets you capture still photos, or permanently lock the most recent video clip (in case you witness something worth saving). It will also auto-protect the most recent video if it detects a crash, but I haven't tested that feature :). Wired up correctly, it's turns on and off automatically with the ignition. Great system, I've got the same setup on my dual sport.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bike was entirely stock besides the cheap Puig fly screen
You mean the $200AUD windscreen?

My $30AUD eBay copy was cheap. :p

Bike looks nice (Y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got the dealer to loosen the peg-bolts.
Installed the SW motech Blaze panniers. Had to source some longer bolts (M8x100) than SW-motech provides as the side panels of the 80s black are held in place by these bolts too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nitron TVT22, Nitron R2 Shock, Hindle full exhaust, ECU reflashed by Vcyclenut, Pro-taper bars(gold), R1 EBC wave front rotors, Brembo 12mm rotor spacers, Brembo RCS19 Front master, Core-Moto brained brake lines, Galfer HH pads all around, Galfer rear wave rotor, Chopped and flipped the taillight and replaced taillight with integrated taillight, Driven TT rearset, SW-Motech crash cage, Legend LC2 bag on the left, Supersprox rear sprocket, seat cowl is paint and powdercoated to match the tank and stomp grips(clear)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bent the gauge bracket down, and added a spacer under the relocate bracket. Also removed the spacers the hold out the headlight bracket, and hold the headlight. Both free$/subtle changes, but imo make a significant difference in lines/sleekness of the XSR
Hood, liking the look of your front fender and headlight bucket in gloss black...you have them painted by body shop?

521 - 540 of 541 Posts