Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

501 - 520 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bent the gauge bracket down, and added a spacer under the relocate bracket. Also removed the spacers the hold out the headlight bracket, and hold the headlight. Both free$/subtle changes, but imo make a significant difference in lines/sleekness of the XSR

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Graves_BlockOff.jpg Akira_Decal.jpg

In anticipation of my newly flashed ECU by Vcyclenut, I installed Graves AIS block off plates. Should be back in my hands this week.
Went well enough, but it's a great way to get to know the guts of your bike if you haven't done it before.
But save yourself some effort and run your tank low ahead of time! Haha. Less weight to balance.

Also added a decal to the small panel on the right side.
It's a reference to the film AKIRA, reads "Good for health, bad for education."
The XSR would fit right in with that piece of fiction!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Installed LED headlight and Evotech headlight guard.

Reactions: Springbok

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reactions: Springbok

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bent the gauge bracket down, and added a spacer under the relocate bracket. Also removed the spacers the hold out the headlight bracket, and hold the headlight. Both free$/subtle changes, but imo make a significant difference in lines/sleekness of the XSR
Sorry if it's been mentioned but what bars are they?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked up a screw in the rear tire today. Actually something I had rather not done today.
165km done since purchase. Bummer. Truck dealer was kind enough to plug it.
Hope to get new tire next week.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
511 Posts
Picked up a screw in the rear tire today. Actually something I had rather not done today.
165km done since purchase. Bummer. Truck dealer was kind enough to plug it.
Hope to get new tire next week.
No reason to throw away a good tire just because it got a puncture.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No reason to throw away a good tire just because it got a puncture.
This. I've run plugs in a tyre before for thousands of kilometers. Got a screw in one of mine once, mate came and plugged it with a speed rated plug and was fine until my next set of tyres.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
511 Posts
This. I've run plugs in a tyre before for thousands of kilometers. Got a screw in one of mine once, mate came and plugged it with a speed rated plug and was fine until my next set of tyres.
Me too, 1000s of miles on self plugged tires without issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know, but I have bridgestone Simply Ride warranty, so the cost should be low enough.
I prefer the peace of mind.

·
Registered
XSR900 2019 Black metal 🤘
16 Posts
...somewhere between 1st and 2nd gear when testing A-mode my left side mirror thought enough was enough and bailed out.
Chicken shit...
🤣
🐥
🐣

So I guess I'm mounting an new mirror today.

501 - 520 of 541 Posts