Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

481 - 500 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Picked up this from the Post Office on the way to work, will fit it up tomorrow. :)

Not an evotech like I had on the Trumpy, but should be better than having nothing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installed the eBay "evotech" radiator guard this morning. Wasn't sure if needed, but added red Loctite to the bracket screws as that's what was originally on it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
... as it’s a whole.... 9 days since I picked it up... during which I’ve just had time for several short burns around the local area... and reading a lot of stuff on here and the various FB groups....

I thought I should investigate a few things...

1. remove the seat, inspect the “tools” ... ‘screwdriver’ (and I use the term very loosely!) yup!, 2x hex keys yup! ... small vinyl satchel held in place by rubber strap..... small vinyl satchel.... hmmmmmm ... nope! ... so it’s a trip to the dealer next day or so for a please explain!!

2. wound the preload down on the front to 5 .. well the 5 line is barely showing... on both fork tubes... this is more of an investigative action on difference than a “I need this setting here!” ... it was on... let’s say 6.5 .. from when I picked it up new.

3. adjusted the front damper to 4 ... another investigation action... was 7 clicks/std factory.

4. adjusted rear damper to 1 turn down as per directions in manual.... it was... half a turn... which varies from what I believe the factory std is at 1.5 ... this is definitely a wtf investigation action!

5. DIDNT change the rear preload seeing as the “special tool” is located in the missing vinyl satchel!! ... but I might just lift it a click when I can... it seems to be on 3 ... again a variance as I thought the factory default was 4 ...

im a .... hmmm... heavier... rider... at 320lbs geared up.... I know it’s almost de rigueur to change the “shameful factory supplied” suspension... however I suspect that ..whatever my body size .... it’s going to be a while before I push the bike actually hard enough where I’ll start to notice any deficiencies!

you fellas want to REALLY experience poor factory springs?! ... ride a stock sprung Suzuki GS500!!!! .... that I did notice fairly quickly and upgraded to sonic 1.0 fronts and a katana 600 rear ... and it did make a night and day difference! ...

just with this bike I haven’t felt any bottoming out yet... haven’t pushed “Betsy” to the point in the corners where I’m thinking whoa!! ... generally don’t need to ride like I’m testing for the IOMTT.... but I am tweaking the settings to get a better understanding of the changes ... if the changes I made are to be noticed at all!

im not knocking anyone for making any mods/upgrades/changes to whatever part they desire!! ... go hard folks and show us the pics!! ... I just tend to only do what I need to for a minimalist effect .....

... apart from that bloody headlight!!! That shit has to go sooner rather than later!! ... I can light a fart brighter than that!! :LOL::D:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
22 Posts
New here, New to the triple (coming from the I4, 2013 R6), and have goodies coming in today (Wednesday) through Friday. As they come in I will update you all... Get so excited I am posting before even installing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Figured since I ride at night, this is a cheap upgrade over stock bulb.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A lot of my riding is at night, so got this for a cheapish upgrade to stock headlight. Only $29AUD. 😊

It arrived today and just installed it before work tonight. 😊

·
Registered
50 Posts
A lot of my riding is at night, so got this for a cheapish upgrade to stock headlight. Only $29AUD. 😊
Any good mate?
Definitely a lot brighter/more whiter. I noticed the signs on side of road lighting up a bit more. Low beam is sort of in-between low/high with stock bulb. High beam is even brighter.

I think it definitely was worth the $29 to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had the bike for a week, still have not gone for a ride :( . Waiting to get inspected and registered.

However, I have eliminated the rear fender with the New Rage Cycles fender eliminator (tucked plate), Installed the Flasher Relay to ditch the hyper flash, ditched the Large XSR windscreen the previous owner installed. Also added Puig bar ends as there were none on the bike when purchased from previous owner.

You may notice the Akrapovic box on the floor. I purchased the Full Akrapovic Carbon system and can't wait to install it. Strongly considering an ECU Flash as well. There will also be a color change coming, stay tuned for that!

I will be doing a custom headlight unit. I know there are some purists that will say to keep the round headlight unit, but my bike needs to fit my personality, not the designer's vision. I think some of you may like the end result. I guarantee some of you won't, but to each your own.

Overall, getting really excited about this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ended up receiving a headlight I ordered off AliExpress around 6 weeks early and installed it today, looks alright! Saw that someone else on here used just a black power cord to fill the gap of the light unit and the stock headlight ring. Until I find a better solution I guess this will do the trick for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ended up receiving a headlight I ordered off AliExpress around 6 weeks early and installed it today, looks alright! Saw that someone else on here used just a black power cord to fill the gap of the light unit and the stock headlight ring. Until I find a better solution I guess this will do the trick for now.

That is an interesting spot to mount your GoPro. How does the video come out? Shaky or Vibrations?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is an interesting spot to mount your GoPro. How does the video come out? Shaky or Vibrations?
Video is pretty good! No real difference between that and a handlebar mount. Obviously not as smooth as having on a helmet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ditched the Woodcraft knock-offs for some Pro Taper Carmichaels. Much better - more comfortable, more control, easier to ride, and it pulls wheelies even easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ditched the Woodcraft knock-offs for some Pro Taper Carmichaels. Much better - more comfortable, more control, easier to ride, and it pulls wheelies even easier.
Any photos of the new setup?
+1 with pictures. :) Wouldn't mind seeing this setup.

481 - 500 of 500 Posts