Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Owner's Manual says that they tank is 3.7 gallons; about .7 gallons on "reserve". I cannot find a fuel petcock so it must be a software thing that blinks a warning light when the tank gets to .7 gallons left?????

Just got back from a 200 mile ride this morning... 52.3 mpg; averaged 65 mph; nice.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
man i never come close to filling up even 3 gallons worth.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
man i never come close to filling up even 3 gallons worth.
Are you filling it up to til the bottom of the filler neck is covered in fuel?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wouldn't mind some clarification for those that have had the bike longer then I.
the manual says 3.7 gallons, and .7 gallons reserve
the farthest I've gone on a tank is 153~ miles, and the bike took 3.5 gallons.

Does the manual mean there's 3.7 gallons AND .7 Gallons reserve, or is it 3.7 Total?
damn bike guage shows empty at 2.something gallons, which is frustrating.

IOW, what's the most you've put into the tank, not including those that did the neck mod?
I fill my tank manually, untill on the sidestand, the fuel is even with the bottom of the neck splashguard.

thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wouldn't mind some clarification for those that have had the bike longer then I.
the manual says 3.7 gallons, and .7 gallons reserve
the farthest I've gone on a tank is 153~ miles, and the bike took 3.5 gallons.

Does the manual mean there's 3.7 gallons AND .7 Gallons reserve, or is it 3.7 Total?
damn bike guage shows empty at 2.something gallons, which is frustrating.

IOW, what's the most you've put into the tank, not including those that did the neck mod?
I fill my tank manually, untill on the sidestand, the fuel is even with the bottom of the neck splashguard.

thanks.
The tank is 3.7 gallons total, if you filled up with 3.5 gallons you were very close to running out of fuel.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I sit on mine while I fuel so i can keep the bike level and fill it up to the splash guard I've gotten around 150 miles when it's flashing.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I ran my bike to empty the first day I rode it. Did it on purpose and then filled the tank. 3.7 gal to the bottom of the filler neck. Punched a couple of holes in the filler neck and I can swueeze in about .25 gal more. But, if I park it after filling it, by the gas expands and about 8oz runs out the overflow.

Reactions: Obijack
1 - 9 of 9 Posts