Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought the FZ09 after reading a ton of reviews, so I knew what to expect for the most part. Haven't gone too crazy as I'm still breaking the engine in but the engine is amazing and I'm sure everyone concurs. But what are some of the things you absolutely HATE about your new bike? Here's my 2 cents:

1) taillight looks slapped on, not well integrated.
2) ignition is in an awkward spot, somewhat blocked by cables.
3) seat lock is in an awkward spot, completely under the seat covered by a small plastic flap.
4) no space under the seat
5) seat is not too comfortable
6) suspension is a bit too soft
7) accessories not available in the U.S. yet

What are some of your complaintsand issues with your new fz09? Maybe with all our input, these issues will be managed better for future FZ09 models.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Recently bought the FZ09 after reading a ton of reviews, so I knew what to expect for the most part. Haven't gone too crazy as I'm still breaking the engine in but the engine is amazing and I'm sure everyone concurs. But what are some of the things you absolutely HATE about your new bike? Here's my 2 cents:

1) taillight looks slapped on, not well integrated.
2) ignition is in an awkward spot, somewhat blocked by cables.
3) seat lock is in an awkward spot, completely under the seat covered by a small plastic flap.
4) no space under the seat
5) seat is not too comfortable
6) suspension is a bit too soft
7) accessories not available in the U.S. yet

What are some of your complaintsand issues with your new fz09? Maybe with all our input, these issues will be managed better for future FZ09 models.
I'll give you 6K cash for it right now!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think hate is a very strong word. I think all those things are minor details on an amazing bike. The suspension is a bit crude, and the tailight isn't perfect i agree. But everything that is good about it outweigh the very reasonable price! If i bought a bike that didn't need modifications, i would just replace perfectly good parts on it. With the money i saved vs the speed triple r or even the street triple i can make this bike better and potentially faster. Its already faster to 60 than the speed triple and that bike has 200 more CCs. spend the extra 2k+ on this bike to improve its minor faults.

thats my 2 cents.

-z

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't know if I hate it but if there was one thing it would be the excessive drivetrain lash and the bang when it's taken up made worse by the touchy throttle off/on transitions. I love the bike though, and I'm super picky.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think hate is a very strong word. I think all those things are minor details on an amazing bike. The suspension is a bit crude, and the tailight isn't perfect i agree. But everything that is good about it outweigh the very reasonable price! If i bought a bike that didn't need modifications, i would just replace perfectly good parts on it. With the money i saved vs the speed triple r or even the street triple i can make this bike better and potentially faster. Its already faster to 60 than the speed triple and that bike has 200 more CCs. spend the extra 2k+ on this bike to improve its minor faults.

thats my 2 cents.

-z
Thats about how I feel! some issues, but a great bike for the price.

·
Registered
768 Posts
If I had any complaints, I'd say the uncomfortable seat and the limited fuel tank size.
I also question why they say you have to stop to cycle between ride modes (you don't). Plus the set-it-once-and-ride mode button's on the handlebar while the more frequently used multi-function display button is on the instrument cluster where you have to take your hand off the bars to awkwardly press them with gloves on.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I think the bike is perfect for me. Only thing that is bugging me a bit is having to scroll through the menu in the dash to see mileage or water temp... Dash is big enough to put more info.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think the bike is perfect for me. Only thing that is bugging me a bit is having to scroll through the menu in the dash to see mileage or water temp... Dash is big enough to put more info.
The display scrolls in both directions, which helps. Use the select button for one direction, the reset button for the other.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I don't hate it, but like others the Throttle is the only thing that bugs me. However this can be corrected with either ECU upgrade / re-flash or throttle tube. The suspension is fine at the moment, coming from a Sportsbike with rock hard suspension and seat, the stock suspension and saddle on the FZ is a huge relief. For those complaining about the suspension, go ride a Sportsbike with hard suspension around the horrible surface streets of L.A. in traffic for 30 min, then you will appreciate the soft bouncy stock suspension of the FZ.. my 2cents.

Reactions: 85EFI

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The display scrolls in both directions, which helps. Use the select button for one direction, the reset button for the other.
I was very happy when i found you could scroll both directions...made things a lot easier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is nothing i hate about this bike. It is pure love.
As with love and relationship, there is sometimes a compromise that needs negotiating ;)
In this world, that can include a tool, aka wrench or screwdriver.
But the love is still all around - this IS and amazing bike, nothing to HATE!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hate that I have to work, and that it's getting too cold to ride all day.
Hate that I still dont think I'm ready for A mode

1 - 20 of 139 Posts