·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking out loud....

·
Registered
127 Posts
a rape charge on the honda? why would you let any honda near a yamaha?

Ive ridden both, and I put a little over 6k miles on the grom. Groms are a fad, they were pretty cool at first but now they're just eh. I have one sitting in my garage and have no desire to ride it. kinda stupid really.. and you look like a clown riding it around town. great for emo kids or clowns.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honda claims its for everyone:

image.jpg

·
Banned
739 Posts
Ive ridden both, and I put a little over 6k miles on the grom. Groms are a fad, they were pretty cool at first but now they're just eh. I have one sitting in my garage and have no desire to ride it. kinda stupid really.. and you look like a clown riding it around town. great for emo kids or clowns.
I guessed that when they when they first came out. Would be fun for an afternoon, but then... Can't believe you put 6k miles on it. That's more than I have on my FZ right now.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think the Grom looks like the infant offspring of a FZ-09 and a Ducati Monster.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ever seen those types of anime where everything is all super deformed and cutesy-looking? The grom looks like somebody who draws those for a living tried to do their own interpretation of the biggest baddest hooligan bike ever built.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Just thinking out loud....
Grom and an 09? that is like water and oil, they just don't mix.......

But I guess the Grom appeals to a certain crowd, like these guys.

PJGuP3o.jpg

or this guy.

grom1.jpg

Or a second bike if you have one of these maybe???

honda-msx125-phong-cach-pkl-5822-1397789721-53509419f127b.jpg

I still like the MT-125 better than the Grom.

2014-yamaha-mt125-coloris.jpg

But an MT-125 or Grom, crossed with a FZ-09/MT-09, is kind of like being a Pediphile isn't it????

Edit: - I found an engine rebuild kit for a Grom.

download (1).jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
539 Posts
Examples in the $3300 range, used????
Bought my bike, (one on the left) for $1700, put a few thousand into it. Not a great example.

Bought the bike on the right for my brother for $2600, he so far has put $300 into it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Bought my bike, (one on the left) for $1700, put a few thousand into it. Not a great example.

Bought the bike on the right for my brother for $2600, he so far has put $300 into it.
What are those? And where did you get them? Look sweet for some quick around town fun. Not road legal though, right?

·
Registered
539 Posts
What are those? And where did you get them? Look sweet for some quick around town fun. Not road legal though, right?
Honda XR650R's, Honda's Baja 1000 king. Both of them were bought street legal (sort of) from craigslist, meaning I bought both with license plates and a title. They do not come street legalized.

Here is a pic of mine two summers ago, I change the asthetics of it alot lol

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Honda XR650R's, Honda's Baja 1000 king. Both of them were bought street legal (sort of) from craigslist, meaning I bought both with license plates and a title. They do not come street legalized.

Here is a pic of mine two summers ago, I change the asthetics of it alot lol
Love that bike ! Sold mine to get the fz ,still not sure it was a good idea :/
Sold my xr for 4000$ had all kinda work done to it , bad ass street legal bike probably round 60 hp
But in the lower speeds it felt as fast as fz .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts