Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting ready to work on a 2up seat but also open to other styles for future development. Just post up or PM your thoughts on new designs or current things you like about certain seats and dis-likes. This kind of info helps design better seats. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Carbon/Gripper seat you make is nice. Replace the passenger area with a small storage area and make it look like the MotoGP seat that Mothy is dreaming of. When I was 15 years old I had a 1981 Honda Silverwing that had both a small trunk and a passenger seat that would lock into the same space. Something like that would be really cool, but I'm guessing it would be fairly expensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i second the storage idea, i know i wouuld never ride 2 up so i would love a seat that actually gives me some storage space instead of just having wasted space behind me, heck maybe even storage space / backrest for when i get tired on the highway

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'd like a true single seater, motoGP style with a bum stop and tapered hump to smooth the lines to the tail.
I'm also waiting for this.. like the Aaron Colton seat.

Reactions: DynoDyam and zed

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Maybe a kit to help tighten up the fit of the stock seat a bit, to go with the cover kit?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd like to see a two piece seat (front/back), with the front seat screwed in place like on normal sport bikes. This way the rear can be removed with the key.

·
Registered
62 Posts
In Venezuela they have some very popular seats, where they put photo images on them. Can't find anything like that in the US, but developing something like that that would not be over slippery like a wrap would be an awesome way to customize any ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am working on a kit for the forward tab to help tighten the seat. There will be a kit for the OEM seat user and our complete seats will come with a updated front tab to tighten our kits up.

Do you have an ETA on these new kits and complete seats? I have not replaced mine yet...

1 - 20 of 125 Posts