Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something I was wondering. For those of you that either gave up or giving up your old/ current bike for the new Yamaha, what are you coming from and why?

For me it will be my CBR1000RR. I love the bike and till now supersports have been all I have ridden, but as I approach 30, I find less and less use for the raw firepower of a superbike on the street. Couple that with the fact that I have to endure at least 45 min of painful droning to get to any decent roads, and constant lower back pain that I attribute to a high side last year, I am over it and ready for something that is more comfortable yet still inspires the ride.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
My other ride is a 09 FZ6R, still have it. I will keep it for a while for my wife to learn on then I'm thinking about getting a Strom 1K for longer ride... but that is few years down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Coming from an 07 Triumph Speed Triple 1050. It was love at first sight with the FZ. Then was the task of selling the Triumph. That was a really fun bike though.. And a triple

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 07 Aprilia RSVR Factory is being converted to a track bike, so I guess I'm giving it up in some way, but I never really liked riding it on the street (except in the mountains). The FZ is much more comfortable.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Current other bikes . 77 yz 80 . 76 ts185. 78 dt400. 77 rd400 spec ii stage 3 .02 gl1800. Fz6r up for sale
fz09 not even ridden yet eeeeee
we put 21,111 miles om the 6r good bike but can be boring , great for beginners

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sold my 2010 Aprilia RSV4 on Wednesday last week and picked up the FZ09 on Friday. Two wrist injuries over the last few years have forced me into something more comfortable, so far with 75 miles on the clock no regrets on the purchase.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
04 Suzuki SV650 - after 100 miles on the FZ I miss literally nothing about this bike (though it was a great first bike)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Traded a CBR250R for my FZ-09. Moving from a motorcycle with 23 hp, I am on a steep learning curve but enjoying every moment on the FZ-09. The CBR was a fine bike and a great experience, but I wouldn't undo my decision.

·
Registered
659 Posts
2009 Yamaha FZ1.

The second Gen FZ never really did it for me; I actually liked my 04' better. The FZ-09 is the bike I wish I had 5-years ago when I converted my 07' FZ6. I am fairly certain Yamaha borrowed some styling cues ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I still have an ST1300, a 600RR dedicated track, and the FZ09. I sold an Aprilia 750 DorsoDuro Super Motard to get the FZ.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts