Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and couldn't find a thread. I was quoted for full-coverage with a 250 deductible for comp/collision about $1500/yr. That seems ridiculously high. Right now I'm paying just liability for about $250/yr with Progressive, but to get comp/collision makes it $1500/yr. Seems like that's a HUGE jump.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I read somewhere recently that rates for FZ-09 are going up because of all the 'Hooligan' type activities they are being used for.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Geico with discounts for the following:
clean driving record
25+ years motorcycle experience
living in a rural area

$34 a month full coverage

formerly with foremost/farmers who wanted 3 times that amount

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm currently paying $100 per month in Arizona with state farm. Geico (who I was with before the FZ) wanted $250 per month. I checked geico's rates again recently and they went down for some reason to $155 per month. Insurance will be the reason I sell this bike. If it was my daily rider then I could justify the cost but for something I only ride on weekends (and not every weekend either) its a little much.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
$150/year with GEICO, liability only for an old guy with a clean record.

Reactions: voytek and alnbama

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine was 80 a month full coverage and I only had my learners permit. That was with Farm Bureau in eastern NC, primarily because they didn't know how to classify it and they assumed it wasn't a sport bike. Geico wanted like $300/month.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was with progressive with my 13 triumph scrambler. $28 a month. Then they quoted me $1200 for Fz. Checked around, MetLife with good full coverage for $750.00 a year. I'm paying $75 a month and I'm 42 and no tickets and no other coverage but bike with MetLife.

·
Registered
82 Posts
*waves* what, BARF didn't have good enough answers for ya? lol it DOES vary by area you know. I'm tellin ya man...just go with USAA! Why are you still ****in around with anyone else? If you've had your motorcycle license for more than 3 years USAA will cover you themselves rather than shopping you out to Progressively Worse or anyone else.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Probably helps to list which state you live in. The same coverages with the same insurance company would cost me $34/month in Indiana and $105/month in Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have progressive, rate went down for this year. Paying 70/month now. Still too much in my opinion. I pay 78/month on the WRX. Both full coverage.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I live in British Columbia, just insured today, $1039.00 for basic liability and I believe my optional is $400 give or take but that isn't due until April so I can't remember exactly. So about $1,400 a year. That's with riding for 15 years, been driving 23 years no accidents in 15 years.

·
Registered
192 Posts
$124/ month for the FZ09 and 02 Honda 954, full coverage on Honda, comprehensive and liability on the Yamaha no collision, but thinking of adding it. 36 years old geico insurance.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow I'm going to check Dairyland. I've got State Farm full coverage for $280 a year. Been with them for 20 years no tickets or claims.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I pay about $275 a year (cant remember exactly) for full coverage with Rider...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Virginia and have Insurance through National General. At 36 yrs old and 15 years on two wheels my insurance is $605/yr Full Coverage. This is with full coverage and $1,000 deductible.

Progressive and Geico's rate were around $1,300/yr and $1,800/yr, respectively. It was almost a deal breaker for my buying this bike. For the amount of insurance I would have been paying a yr, I could buy a new bike before my loan for it was up. Still this is the highest rate I have seen on a bike. I'm going to check out some of the other companies listed above. Dairyland says full coverage and $250 deductible is $489/yr or $42/mo. That is a little better, might go with them.

·
Registered
987 Posts
$550 a year with Progressive (under written for USAA) $500 deductible, 39 YOA riding since I was 16, Henderson/Las Vegas NV, no tickets or claims in 12 years.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm currently paying $100 per month in Arizona with state farm. Geico (who I was with before the FZ) wanted $250 per month. I checked geico's rates again recently and they went down for some reason to $155 per month. Insurance will be the reason I sell this bike. If it was my daily rider then I could justify the cost but for something I only ride on weekends (and not every weekend either) its a little much.
Used to have geico on RV and bike. Switched to Statefarm full coverage on FZ is 226 every 6 months.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts