Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Motorcycle Consumer News just came out with a very thorough article comparing the Hyperstrada and the FZ

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Reactions: marthy and Niner

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News just came out with a very thorough article comparing the Hyperstrada and the FZ

Sweet, In the latest Cycle World, the did a comparison between FZ-09, Triumph and MV.. the Yamaha beat them all.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they came out in favor of the Yamaha.
Interestingly, they contacted Yamaha about the snatchy throttle and Yamaha concluded their bike had an issue, so it was replaced with another which had far fewer fueling issues. Apparently Yamaha concluded it had a clogged fuel injector, and MCCN suggested you test ride any bike before buying as it may be a wide-spread issue.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Interestingly, they contacted Yamaha about the snatchy throttle and Yamaha concluded their bike had an issue, so it was replaced with another which had far fewer fueling issues. Apparently Yamaha concluded it had a clogged fuel injector, and MCCN suggested you test ride any bike before buying as it may be a wide-spread issue.
Wouldn't they issue a recall for something like this?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn't they issue a recall for something like this?
You'd think so, maybe it isn't widespread enough yet so they'd rather take it on a case by case basis. It could very well be coming to that point though

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
For something like this one problem doesn't exclude other problems. Maybe a lot of 09s are a bit jerky because of throttle cable play or the fuel mapping being optimized for emissions & mileage, and just a few have clogged injectors. Seems odd there'd be a lot of new bikes from a major company with clogged injectors.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couldn't figure out how to add PDF's to a post, but here's a download link if you'd like to read the article

My Files

·
Registered
272 Posts
As soon as you take the play out of the throttle you will notice a big difference , Ican't figure out why the bike came with so much play from the factory. RR:cool:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm a little surprised that the recently released MT-09 "Street Rally" version hasn't caused a stir on our site. I like the new plastic bits for our bike. I just hope that they become available in the US]
Unfortunately so many of the neat bikes that the Europeans get, we never see here. Kind of like the Yamaha accessories. Sometimes they make their way to Canada
If the seat was more comfy, that would be nice.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts