Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people really want a complete turbo setup? I am thinking on buying a new fz09 an am pretty serious about it! How ever i want a turbo on it right from brand new, i also have a leg up, i know a turbo bike shop just up the road! I was thinking front mount, no need for rear mount for old men only lol, intercooled, custom intake, pc5,,, and possible custom swingarm, need to find out if i can swap with other yamaha custom swingarms????? If theres enough intrest they could produce kits after mines built!!!! Probly looking at around 6500-8000 for custom build, whos got some coin?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I find the existing power a little much at times, I think a turbo FZ/MT would be frightening..

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Ditto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way, deff need a longer swing arm an slight lowering, it may be a lil frightening right now to you but get some ride time in, im a speed freak, but dont want a turbo busa lil nutty for me

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be a man and keep the stock swingarm :) - why wreck the handling (which isn't it's strongest point anyway with the stock boingers on there) by putting a long swinger on? I get it will help with keeping it a bit more civil but if you are more interested in going fast in a straight line and not so much through corners there are better bikes to turbo.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have no interest in turbocharging my FZ-09, but by all means, get yours done and post up some pics.

Sounds like it would be a fun project

Reactions: voytek

·
Registered
539 Posts
Do not listen to the naysayers. DO IT!!! If a legit kit was released I would for sure buy one in a few years. Too much power does not exist for two wheels! ;) You would most likely need to get a custom made swingarm for this bike. Personally I would just use the stock swingarm and extend it a few inches but I'm no expert. Change is always nice.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Do not listen to the naysayers. DO IT!!! If a legit kit was released I would for sure buy one in a few years. Too much power does not exist for two wheels! ;) You would most likely need to get a custom made swingarm for this bike. Personally I would just use the stock swingarm and extend it a few inches but I'm no expert. Change is always nice.
How many turbo bikes have you ridden?...........I thought so.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Maybe with an extender swing arm and gearing change. But then if it were me I'd wanna upgrade the brakes and suspension. So I'd have more in the bike than it'd be worth lmao. I have known several people to do that though, with more than just bikes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mind you, if you're serious...I'm a big fan of crazy mods and have a completely illegal R1 humming away in the shed. Bring it on. :icon_thumleft:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts