Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have noticed a fast paced clicking sound at idle when I start my FZ09. The sound seems to go away as the bike warms up. It's most noticeable from the bottom, towards the front on the left side.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone -- i know its probably a standard newb question, but I had to do it.

I've owned two V-Twin cruisers before this, so my learning curve for this bike has increased significantly

·
Registered
438 Posts
Same here on the left side near the bottom. Funny thing is the CCT is on the right side in the middle... You guys still think its the CCT?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yea, oil will bleed out of it after it sits. Has to pump back up. Should hear some of the new benzs cct. Sounds like skeletons f*ckin on a tin roof on cold start lol

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Same here on the left side near the bottom. Funny thing is the CCT is on the right side in the middle... You guys still think its the CCT?
I have a similar sound and I know it's not the CCT-way different noise. Mine is kinda front, leftish side around the area of the headers it's most noticeable. To my ears, it almost sounds sort of like a small exhaust leak/ticking sound, but still have stock exhaust and I don't feel any exhaust escaping. This bike has a very unique set of sounds that none of my previous bikes ever had-most good, some questionable...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Whatever it is, it seems to be related to oil wash or pressure. Once the oil has a chance to circulate the sound goes away... mine's the same way.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a similar sound and I know it's not the CCT-way different noise. Mine is kinda front, leftish side around the area of the headers it's most noticeable. To my ears, it almost sounds sort of like a small exhaust leak/ticking sound, but still have stock exhaust and I don't feel any exhaust escaping. This bike has a very unique set of sounds that none of my previous bikes ever had-most good, some questionable...
Ya know, it has me looking for an exhaust leak where the header meets the head every time I start it. We definitely have the same noise.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Ya sure it aint just the injectors ticking? I can always hear a faint injector tick down at the headers................
I can hear the tick of the injectors intermixed with a kind of 'chuh chuh chuh' noise, although there's videos on the ol interweb of 09's with stock exhaust idling that have the same sound-probably normal. Just wierd. Maybe Yamaha should have included a video manual of the normal noises to expect from the bike, lol...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I started riding on an old air-cooled Kawi, so I learned not to sweat the little noises... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts