Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This great video has already been posted (how's your Portuguese?) But I couldn't find a post about the quick shot of the Webmotors Pikes Peak project dyno run.

I stopped the video at a spot where I could get the clearest shot, yet it's still not crystal clear.

Of course you notice that they cut the dyno graph off at about 9,000rpm, so you can't see where the power ends on the graph. But, if you look at the numbers, above the graph, over on the far left, you can just barely make out their peak power figures.

I'm seeing [email protected],1XXrpm at the wheel. That translates to about 134 wheel horsepower.

Earlier in the video they show some engine disassembly. The cams look degreed and there's most likely some top end work (the rider has what looks like a non OEM piston in his hand at one point). With power numbers like that, I can only assume that they've at least done a once over on the head.

If this particular subject has been addressed in another post, my apologizes. I did some extensive searching and couldn't find anything.

What are everyone's thoughts? Are there any other built motors out there? Does anyone have plans on doing extensive head work, raising the compression, shaving some weight from the rotating assembly to see what these motors can really do in proper race trim?

webmotors_dyno_01.jpg

webmotors_dyno_02.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
You got some good eyes to catch that dyno chart! Not sure about other built motors but I sure am curious about his suspension setup. I like the exhaust they built for this bike too. Reminds me of a Termi but a bit smaller and more proportionate to the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts