Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many times have you been snubbed while giving the courtesy wave to our fellow two wheelers? Me, all the time. Seems that it is always the Harley guys and girls. Since we ride this question category "Sport bike, or Not?" Most look at the gear and decide sport bike. I saw this as a funny reason why on another website.

Top 10 Reasons For Not Waving To Other Bikers at Cyril Huze Post ? Custom Motorcycle News

I make sure to wave to everyone on two OR three wheels. I don't discriminate we all like the open air running up our noses.

·
Registered
380 Posts
lol, that is funny!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I love stereotypes lol. They all stem from some truth!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I was most often snubbed by the Harley crowd. I wouldn't call my bike a sport model, but it was Japanese. That's a big no no in some circles.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Just wave. Be nice. Oh, and wave at little kids especially.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've been snubbed by just about every type of rider, even an FZ rider! Thou he was in traffic on a sharp turn, so I guess I can forgive.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I throw out a peace sign. Makes it easier to wave the middle finger if I get nothing back.
Back in the sixties everybody threw you the peace sign as you rode by, even 10 year old kids on the sidewalk. It always bothered me a bit to return it. I didn't want to be known as a hippie.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Back in the sixties everybody threw you the peace sign as you rode by, even 10 year old kids on the sidewalk. It always bothered me a bit to return it. I didn't want to be known as a hippie.
I'm not talking flamboyant peace signs:

I'm talking normal peace signs:

Not sure if serious about the hippie thing. Maybe if I was cruising around on a scooter!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I wave to everyone, I don't know of any other community that has a universal thing like that - i think it's one of the many awesome things about this Hobby.

Kids in the back of cars always dig a wave too. When they laugh if I rev it, that always makes my day.

Hate on Harleys but i've gone to a few bike nights and I've met some of the nicest Harley guys. A lot are interested in the 09.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Since I've been riding (a long time), I've gone from waving at everyone to waving at sport bikes, motards, adventure bikes, and then Harley/cruiser bikes if they wave first. If they don't, I usually don't either. The one exception on waving to Harley/cruiser types is when I'm leaned over in a turn, maybe a knee on the deck or close to it and I'll take the left hand off the bar and give em a wave. Down here in TN/N.C. we have lots of places that are pull offs for viewing the mountains. Many of them are in a curve and whenever I go past one and there are a group of Harleys/cruisers stopped, I will almost always throw them a wave as I'm going by.....leaned way over of course.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts