Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't seen it on the forum yet, but Watsen's is taking the orders for this batch as of this morning!

Curious to know how many FZ style orders they get!

Here you go gents (and ladies?)
Watsen LEDs

btw, nice to finally score a company fairly local - I might even get to pick these up !

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
the website is horribly frustrating - i think 1998 was when it was last updated :) . I couldn't find any pics of the FZ on there - i'm assuming you're just going with the universal kit? They look cool but didn't find any picture of them actually turned on.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Well worth the frustration!
awesome pics - surprised how bright the front mounts are and they look great - still nervous about visibility though - it's nice that you supplemented with the mirror blinkers too. I was thinking of these plus the bar end blinkers too.

I'm assuming you just spliced both lights into the same blinker wire from the bike?

·
Registered
659 Posts
awesome pics - surprised how bright the front mounts are and they look great - still nervous about visibility though - it's nice that you supplemented with the mirror blinkers too. I was thinking of these plus the bar end blinkers too.

I'm assuming you just spliced both lights into the same blinker wire from the bike?

I will be lumping in the Zeta Hand Guard indicators as well...eventually.

I built up a pig-tail to allow me to install three signals per side. The bullet connectors are used for the mirror and hand guard indicators while the plastic connector was for the Watsen's.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I will be lumping in the Zeta Hand Guard indicators as well...eventually.

I built up a pig-tail to allow me to install three signals per side. The bullet connectors are used for the mirror and hand guard indicators while the plastic connector was for the Watsen's.

Would you be able to post a link to where I can buy the parts to make the splitter? This will come in handy when I get my multiple light setup together.

Reactions: Haze and cthouse

·
Registered
277 Posts
Those look to be homemade fellas. You'll need some good quality connectors and some solder. One of the plugs comes from a set of stock signals, and the other comes with the Watsens. The third looks like a set of bullet connectors ready to accept another set of signals.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those look to be homemade fellas. You'll need some good quality connectors and some solder. One of the plugs comes from a set of stock signals, and the other comes with the Watsens. The third looks like a set of bullet connectors ready to accept another set of signals.
Yes he mentioned that. I would like to make the same but don't know what those connectors are. A link would be helpful.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Would you be able to post a link to where I can buy the parts to make the splitter? This will come in handy when I get my multiple light setup together.
No problem:

Stock Style indicator connectors came from: NT-040

Bullet terminals with weather seal came from: Motorcycle Bullet Terminals

Something to note; the stock indicator connectors require a crimping tool for proper wire termination. I have the "Economy" tool mentioned on this page: Open Barrel Crimp tools

1 - 20 of 103 Posts