Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good Western Washington rides? I'll be taking the FZ09 around the Olympic Peninsula this weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Commenting to follow this thread.

I will be renting a bike for a few days in June to ride in that area. I was there last year and it is beautiful. I wish I could get my bike there in a reasonable manner. At least I will get out and about some.
I am hoping the snow is gone from Ranier, too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mt Rainer, Mt St Helen's, and Lake Cushman were my go to's when I lived in WA. Most of 101 is fun too. Not sure where you are exactly, but they were all perfect day trips from the Olympia/Ft Lewis area. Have fun, I miss the summers out there!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
There are plenty of good Western WA rides. St Helens is my go to since I'm in Longview. Northwest Oregon and Klickitat area have some very good riding roads also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the Olympia area. Just did the peninsula ride this weekend, made it into a two day trip. left Olympia headed west on 101, stopped at ruby beach and then stayed in forks for the night. headed up aroung lake crescent into port angeles and then down 101 back to Olympia. It was a beautiful ride and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

Saw quite a few other FZ09's out on 101 headed around the peninsula, any of you guys on here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mt Rainer, Mt St Helen's, and Lake Cushman were my go to's when I lived in WA. Most of 101 is fun too. Not sure where you are exactly, but they were all perfect day trips from the Olympia/Ft Lewis area. Have fun, I miss the summers out there!

Sent from my SM

I did the Lake Cushman ride a couple weeks ago and was greatly disappointed to find out that there is no free access to the lake after the tribe bought the state park. At least that's what the lady at the toll both told us... Anyone know of any other access points? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts