Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been real, REAL lazy.

I've washed her only once since riding off the lot... looking for some motivation from y'all, haha.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
She's aching for more attention -- Damit guys, she's Naked:cool:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Have I washed it? Ummm.... Somehow I've managed to keep it clean for months but I got caught in the rain last Monday and the bug guts are piling on. So here's your motivation. I'm gonna go get some S100 and get it cleaned up. A clean bike is faster isn't it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
The first 4 weeks I had it, I washed it 4 times... Those first 4 weeks were horrible, rain a few times a week.... I was NOT diggin all the horrible dirt.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Never ride in the rain and never wash the bike.

Just spot cleaner, wax, and elbow grease.

One of the bennies of living in SoCal. It hardly ever rains.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I commute to work when it's not going to rain but the weather man is wrong alot. It gets cleaned with Meguiars spray detailer and micro fiber towels after riding in the rain or once a week. Even when it's not raining the blurple wheels get dirty and the bike gets dusty.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used to use Sonax wheel cleaner (best stuff ever!) to keep the wheels clean. Truly spray on and hose off

Now, I live in an apartment and don't have access to a hose. Is it safe to go to one of those do it yourself car washes? I read that pressure hoses are bad for bikes

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Always dry weather riding. Never washed, never touched by water. Detailer on the paint, WD 40 on the wheels, aluminum polish for the pipes... Pristine clean!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
8000ks of rain or shine riding.
I've wiped it done 3 or 4 times, waterless cleaner on the tank and random cleaning wipes on the wheels. Might try WD40 and see how that goes.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Pressure washer can be bad. The pressure can be high enough to blow the water into wheel bearing seals and electrical connectors. I have even seen ECU's full of water. Better to use a spray on cleaner and rinse with a bucket of water. Never tried the WD40 thing. Doesn't that leave a greasy film?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I use Meguir's quick detailer on the tank and clean off anything that appears dirty every time that I come home on the bike if it needs it. I'm crazy like that. Same with any kind of vehicle that I care about. My daily driver suffers a little, but I wash my Camaro every time that I come home since it is a magnet for bugs. This bike in particular seems to get dirty really easily. My other bikes haven't gotten dirty as fast.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pledge and a microfiber cloth about once a week. Keeps her real perty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts