Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking for a street bike for some time now. I have ridden CBR250, CBR600rr ('12) and S1000rr. ('10) I sold my s1000rr for 2014 FZ09 Red + some cash. I rode only streets so needed something that had power, good handling and was upright, comfortable. Test rode one today (12/30/2014) and I really liked it. Did not miss my s1000rr because I never did track and never really used its full potential. So in a way keeping s1000rr was not beneficial for me and not letting it go would have resulted more depreciation of value. To me suspension looks good, will learn more about it as I ride more (only 43 miles). Throttle is 'snatchy' will get ECU flashed programmed by the Yamaha dealer (no charge). I payed 8600 OTD. Now some windsheild, frame slider, heated grips will be added.

Cheers from Washington (Northwest)
quantumizer

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I did a couple of track sessions on a 1000RR.
Hands near my knees, and feet near my hips. Absolutely mind blowing on the track, but I couldn't imagine riding it on the street.

Congrats on the mt/fz. Suspension and ecu, and the mt is just as much fun on the street.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats! Must be the left side (sorry, WEST side :) ) of WA, cause it is 0 degrees over east!
Ha ha no joke, poor lil 9er in the garage. :(

Congrats quantumizer!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a couple of track sessions on a 1000RR.
Hands near my knees, and feet near my hips. Absolutely mind blowing on the track, but I couldn't imagine riding it on the street.

Congrats on the mt/fz. Suspension and ecu, and the mt is just as much fun on the street.
s1000rr is a great bike. Will buy it again in few years for track and by that their models will be +200hp with more crazy torque. FZ is more than enough for street and I like the linear torque unlike CBR600rr.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on your FZ09, I also love the s1000RR but wasnt comfortable on it as far as riding position when i test road it plus like you mentioned, too much power for the street. Any how enjoy your new ride, which color did you picked? any mods planned?

·
Registered
584 Posts
took some meat to switch...you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Wow there are members here with great current or former motorcycles! Says a lot about the FZ :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats on your FZ09, I also love the s1000RR but wasnt comfortable on it as far as riding position when i test road it plus like you mentioned, too much power for the street. Any how enjoy your new ride, which color did you picked? any mods planned?
Color is red. Mods, yes indeed. Ordered GB engine covers, woodcraft frame slider, and MRA windscreen. And sometime later will put fender eliminator and exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts