Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
That's pretty cool.

But I'm too concerned about traction to use it.

If I was 17, maybe. But that was many decades ago. Haha.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Maybe if they had a blurple color to match my wheels?

But I would paint the sidewall lettering white or yellow before contemplating painting the treads. Like Oop said, traction becomes a concern.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It has a "z" in the name, I must buy it.

Reactions: Tunnelvision748

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'll stick to tire shining my entire rear tire - as a side note - does anyone else think the traction on the stock tires completely suck?! :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't see how painting the sipes would reduce traction, but it's a fairly lame endeavor in my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I've seen worse things...at a bike show that would compliment a tricked out jeweled bike.

I had a buddy who armor-all'ed his tires once...he honestly didnt know better...can't believe he didn't crash. We never let him live it down

·
Registered
337 Posts
The only guys who will use that crap are the ones with 4 inch chicken strips on the rear tire and flat centers from doing burn outs.

I was young at one time and thankfully not tacky and stupid when it came to modifying my own motorcycles, to each their own.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I saw something like that on a bike last week - though it wasn't very bright. The same bike had the rear disk brake doing double duty as the sprocket. My six year old was looking at the bike, and I asked if she liked it. In a "Are you a moron" tone she said "No" and pointed out that the disk was coated with chain lube.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I like how long it takes the two riders to get their feet up on the pegs. Maybe they weren't used to riding without training wheels installed? :p

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I saw something like that on a bike last week - though it wasn't very bright. The same bike had the rear disk brake doing double duty as the sprocket. My six year old was looking at the bike, and I asked if she liked it. In a "Are you a moron" tone she said "No" and pointed out that the disk was coated with chain lube.
I need to see this to believe it... double duty?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts