Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might have been as high as 70 today in SE PA. Did I ride the FZ?...what do you think? Problem was that half the roads were soaked from melting snow. Since I installed the tail tidy, the back of my jacket and the rear half of my bike are FILTHY!!! Great weather though...hope the rest of you north easterners did the same

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Temp hovering around freezing with rain and drizzle in the forecast, plus the plows did a lousy job of clearing the snow for motorcycles... too much crap on the roads! Waiting for better weather... We had a nice dry Christmas many years ago that I took a ride at -11c into Halifax, but that is far from the norm... we usually just have to be patient for the end of March, early April when the rain clears the road of the winter's buildup... :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
i wish no riding here for a while had a lot snow and now getting a lot of rain and plows doing a lousy job worse is they are covered with sand and salt so no way i am going out till roads are washed off

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm glad it's warm in pa! Hopefully Mr Stoltec Moto is out riding like crazy and getting the seat time needed for fuel maps!

We are currently experiencing the driest weather ever recorded in California. There was even a pretty major wildfire somewhere south of me in DECEMBER! Still no rain in the forecast and the news is starting to use terms like "water rationing" which you only hear so often. Seems like we aren't going to have a harsh winter here.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
A couple hours on the FZ-09, with my daughter on the TU250X, made for a great Saturday. Some of the roads in my area were wet, but others were dry and in fine condition. The temperature rose as high as 68 degrees Fahrenheit in Hagerstown, Maryland yesterday. Still warm today, but rainy, so the window of opportunity was very small. Sometimes that makes for the best rides!

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's awesome that you can ride with your daughter, what a great bike the 250 must be for her.

In Virginia it was a beautiful damp day as well and my bike definitely wanted to get dirty in the rain.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks very much. The Tux is a great motorcycle for its simplicity, and a fun ride as well. My daughter is already starting to talk about the next step up on power, not to an FZ-09 but something in the 400cc to 500cc range. However, the TU250X has yet another prospective rider, currently learning on a CRF150F off-road bike, after basic rider training probably in the summer of 2015.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yesterday (December 28) was another unusually warm day in southern Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Not quite as nice as last Saturday, the highest air temperature on my display was 57 degrees F so that was still quite nice. This was another great opportunity to ride, and I took the FZ-09 through Taneytown, Maryland then north into Pennsylvania towards Littlestown and then to Gettysburg before turning towards home. Looks like many riders had the same idea. Even more so than during the normal riding season, riders seem to take an extra moment to notice and acknowledge other riders on the road as traffic conditions allow. This was a fine opportunity to use all three modes while riding in stop-and-go traffic, passing at highway speeds, and a few other activities. I felt a pang of disappointment riding up the driveway as my ride was now over, but the ride put me in a great mood for the rest of the day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts