Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 road star warrior midnight and i try the fz-09 and totaly love this bike, the engine is exactly what i have always research, monster of torque, snap the cut of in second, sound is incredible, anywone having a warrior before to give me feedback?

I find the suspension is not the best part of the bike, can i adjust it to reduce wheelies and reduce front diving on hard braking without have to buy $ suspension kits (160lbs ridding solo)?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have a 2010 road star warrior midnight and i try the fz-09 and totaly love this bike, the engine is exactly what i have always research, monster of torque, snap the cut of in second, sound is incredible, anywone having a warrior before to give me feedback?

I find the suspension is not the best part of the bike, can i adjust it to reduce wheelies and reduce front diving on hard braking without have to buy $ suspension kits (160lbs ridding solo)?
10 wt oil in the forks and crank preload and dampning to the max. ( turn in clockwise )

Reactions: ktk_ace

·
Registered
637 Posts
Unfortunately the FZ-09 is going to wheelie everywhere for you, even with the ECO mode light on. The only way to control that is B mode and gentler use of the throttle. You may actually find the 700 a better bike???

·
Registered
349 Posts
Duct Tape your hands to the handlebars if you get an fz-09 because you are in for a wild ride... LOL JK -- just be throttle conscious and you will love it. :)

Pretty Good Review and than it gets really funny!!! (warning some language)

Reactions: Desert Rat

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Let's get real here guys. It's not like it wheelies out of nowhere..... just don't go cranking 1st gear more than half throttle and expect it to not wheelie. ...
exactly. lol... everyone keeps making it seem like this bike is just INSANE. it's not. haha

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

You rode it.......What you see is what you get -- Go for it. I highly doubt you'll Ever look Back with ANY regrets:cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
You have control of whelies, only time i accidentally on purpose wheelie was punching it at peak of rolling roads... There are a few things i like about the fz07... But theres no way i could buy it knowing i could get the 09 for 1k more.... If i were you i would keep your bike and buy the 2015 fz09.. 2014 is amazing but its a 2nd year model (1st in US) ... Allow yamaha to accept feedback then adjust the fz to near perfection.

(Although, apart from suspension, and seat height, bar height, and a few easy yo fix ascetics, im very happy with it)

·
Registered
957 Posts

Adjusting the front won't make the bike less wheelie prone. Adjusting the rear will. And beyond setting the preload full stiff there is absolutely _nothing_ you can do for the rear that won't cost money (as in full rear shock replacement). If you're willing to make the investment it's worth it. You're still saving money over competitors even after the rear shock upgrade. I did it and I don't regret it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
exactly. lol... everyone keeps making it seem like this bike is just INSANE. it's not. haha
That said, I had it wheelie in 4th gear under hard acceleration getting on the highway, hit a little bump and the front levitated hehe. 3rd gear power wheelies need to be very intentional, 1st and 2nd gear happens quite easily under "normal" aggressive riding. Which I enjoy quite a bit :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Let's get real here guys. It's not like it wheelies out of nowhere..... just don't go cranking 1st gear more than half throttle and expect it to not wheelie. ...
LOL - I equate the FZ to the Killer Bunny in the Holy Grail _ LOL

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm warning you!!! LOL

Actually, this is an incredible bike and a blast to ride. Trust me, it will have you giggling like a little school girl. It is the perfect Urban and Suburban Street machine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There was another post on here a couple months ago about a Warrior owner wanting input and I replied to that thread along with others. You have to duct tape your hands to the Warrior grips as well but the FZ does pull more I've got to say. You should have control of your throttle but since I've had Stoltec ECU flash done, I've not pulled a single accidental wheelie.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you have more to spare... flash the ECU too.

better power delivery = much more control imho.

PS. does tank pads help with anti wheelie?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts