Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a FZ09 and just wondering if you guys know when the 2015s come out?
If its too long I will probably just get a 2014

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Several Threads like this already exist with speculation about 2015.

Put 2015 in Search Box.

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was at three dealers yesterday shopping for a jacket. Only one had a 2014 that looked used as it had a fly screen on it with bugs on the air intakes. My final stop was back in my hometown at the dealer where I purchased my bike and ultimately my jacket (Olympia Airglide 4 :icon_thumright:) I was talking to the guy who sold me my bike as I do every time I see him. He said the 2015's will roll in Mid-November....This is In Pennsylvania northeast of Philadelphia.

OH he also said no more 2014's will be coming unless its used as a trade-in

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah I"m about to crack. I have been waiting for months hoping to get news on the 2015's release dates, specs, colors, etc....nothing. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the 14 is the cost to repaint it as the current lineup of colors isn't for me. If I have to wait until November things could get hairy.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Yamaha have a flash available that is going around already... Won't be surprised if the 2015 will come with it. For a lot of potential customer that was a deal breaker.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I recall reading about the new color choices a few months ago.. I think they made the announcement in the euro markets. Have you checked there?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I believe it was Yamaha's Far East Division that reported two new faster colors to compliment the red for 2015. Apparently the graphite and orange were eliminated because they couldn't keep pace with the Red;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
in November 2013 in Albany NY I had a choice. Red or Grey (black and blurple) I chose black and blurple. its faster. lol :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe it was Yamaha's Far East Division that reported two new faster colors to compliment the red for 2015. Apparently the graphite and orange were eliminated because they couldn't keep pace with the Red;)
I hear that the Blaze-orange was discontinued (glad I got one) because of the neck strain on bystanders world wide every time one passed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The Orange is almost completely black. The black rims seem to wipe clean and shine up easily. The possibility of a street rally or sport tracker and mid August now makes me understand your question . They sold a bunch and had to make more than preplanned yet still secrecy about 2015 is held from all. The real accessories I want are 2 inch taller clearance same shock travel. That might mean a different rear swingarm , longer with a different angle and the front matching that height change. That may remove the fear of being rear ended approaching speed bumps, a little more clearance.
Heads do spin as I pass , if that's what you care about , it is very noticeable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
We sure do have some dreamers in here!

Reactions: Steve101
1 - 16 of 16 Posts