Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of you have installed this cap...

However, it appears that some modification to the stock fuel cap gasket is in order?

I can't imagine that the cap installs with no rubber gasket around the outside? But the stocker does not fit...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks SICKKKK

Damn!! just when I said I wasn't going to add more accessories! looks great but I know I'll end up dropping the cap......but it looks so sick on the blazing organge...

Reactions: Fizzerpilot

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wondering. Just got mine today and went to install it. Noticed that mine had some water around the filler hole not in it the gas tank just around. I did ride home in the rain and I know water from washing it will stand or sit there until evaporates. Also many of you stated that you had trim you original gasket. Why is this needed mine came with a gasket to seal it to the filler hole. Sorry may be dumb question I'm just thinking that the original gasket if not cut or doesn't get a proper seal it could cause water to seep in

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok so I just got off the phone with Vortex themselves and talked to their tech guy. He said that even though the gas cap is very similar to the R1/R6 it is slightly different. Different enough for him to tell me that he would not use it. Thought I'd pass the info. Heads up to you guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh wow your so smart no shit I just bought this cap and there is no instruction was writing this in case someone else bought it and could not any instructions for this cap ty caption obvious FYI

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Your not supposed to use the stockbgasket
Stock gasket works fine once modified.....Back when this thread was created, there was no gasket included with the Vortex cap....maybe they include one now, but myself and many others just modified the stock gasket with no ill effects that I am aware of.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Why would you want a non locking gas cap? Are people more honest over there? Down here you'd get some POS putting crap in your tank.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Why would you want a non locking gas cap? Are people more honest over there? Down here you'd get some POS putting crap in your tank.

I've put a non locking cap on every bike I've owned, I hate having to use the key to open it when I need fuel....not once have I had a problem.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
You do have honest people then. We get scumbags who throw their McDonalds scraps in a helmet hanging on a bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts