Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was actually thinking about trying to build something like this myself. It occurred to me a while ago that a lot of the decelerating I do is not done with the brake.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Like it too. 100 seems a bit steep on pricing though...

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
520 Posts
How does it read deceleration apart from the brakes?... And what kind of installation would the customer need to do to make that happen?

·
Registered
294 Posts
It probably has a pendulum (a.k.a. acceleramator) to sense a change in speed. My main concern is that the LEDs don't look very bright.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has an accelerometer and two flashing modes. Slowing down by coasting or downshifting flashes the LEDs twice per second. Slowing down by braking hard flashes the LEDs five times per second. The tag is independent of the brake light, all it needs is a 12volt supply when key is on. They also sell a module that integrates the stock brake light instead of using the tag style. I put an order in. They expect deliveries around June 15. I will report when I have it as far as brightness.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think I'm going to order it too. I hope it'll fit underneath my R&G license plate light...otherwise, I'll have to remove it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts