Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Not that I'm interested in ABS, but it sounds like there will be an ABS version available in December.......at least over there across the big pond.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now this review is quite a bit more thorough. I'm like a lot of what it has to say about the MT/FZ-09.

First Ride: Yamaha MT-09 - Road Tests: First Rides - Visordown
DD357: Nice Find.

Since I’ve never ridden a bike with “Modes” before, I certainly appreciate these types of reviews for bikes that have these modes, which also incorporates the latest technology. Though the range was a bit disappointing for me (125 miles to empty from the rider’s approximation - vs. - Yamaha’s stated 150 mile range), it wasn’t the case that it came unexpectedly from the fact that the bike has a 3.7 gallon fuel tank. [I was just hoping for more from the applicable closed fuel tank technology (It’s less evaporative). Thought it might pull out a little more than that. But it’s all good.]. And I do know that much of what you get with respect to distance depends on the rider’s style and type of riding or purpose. At least for me that has always been the case. My days of “extreme” ridding are long past. I certainly wasted a lot of fuel---But It Was A Blast!

Overall—A very nice break-down of how the bike performs. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to hearing other reviews. Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DD357: Nice Find.

Since I’ve never ridden a bike with “Modes” before, I certainly appreciate these types of reviews for bikes that have these modes, which also incorporates the latest technology. Though the range was a bit disappointing for me (125 miles to empty from the rider’s approximation - vs. - Yamaha’s stated 150 mile range), it wasn’t the case that it came unexpectedly from the fact that the bike has a 3.7 gallon fuel tank. [I was just hoping for more from the applicable closed fuel tank technology (It’s less evaporative). Thought it might pull out a little more than that. But it’s all good.]. And I do know that much of what you get with respect to distance depends on the rider’s style and type of riding or purpose. At least for me that has always been the case. My days of “extreme” ridding are long past. I certainly wasted a lot of fuel---But It Was A Blast!

Overall—A very nice break-down of how the bike performs. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to hearing other reviews. Thanks for posting that.
I'm sure while doing a road test they (riders) didn't care about watching how smooth they could ride for fuel consumption. They were doing wheelies, burnouts, and what kinda acceleration it has, none of which is good on gas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm sure while doing a road test they (riders) didn't care about watching how smooth they could ride for fuel consumption. They were doing wheelies, burnouts, and what kinda acceleration it has, none of which is good on gas.
LOL!...Yep. I’m sure they were!:) However – I noticed something in the “Bike Social” review that you posted in the "First Ride! MT-09 - Bike Social" thread. At the very end of their review, they listed the estimated mpg at 48. Simple math tells me that at the highest estimate of 48mpg with a 3.7 fuel tank, you’d have a range of 177 miles. So it leaves me to wonder if Yamaha gave a very modest estimate to MCN (150mpg), or, if the Bike Social folks ran it on a machine and stated “their” findings for the maximum possible MPGs. I don’t know. Just trying to learn as much as I can about this bike before I pick it up this month.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im with smokehouse. I want to know the fuel mileage and such. All I keep seeing is rev videos and now that "stunt show" video. I plan to ride this bike across the US soon after I get it. It will help me know the amount of stops I will be making.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
... It will help me know the amount of stops I will be making.
I think use the B mode, mostly you will be traveling at a constant speed not sport riding where you are hard on the gas and brakes etc. Stop for gas every 120 miles or so, don't count on using the last quart in the tank. In a car I could go 500 miles without stopping, but on a bike you are better off if you take a break every couple hours. Being dull in a car isn't good but a bike takes a lot more coordination and is less forgiving.

I think you said both you and your wife will be on a bike? When you stop plan out the next leg, you should both know where the next stop is etc. Wear ear plugs, I think that is best for all street rides, but for a long day wind noise can add a lot to fatigue.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it will get 150 mpg I'll be satisfied. My plans for this bike are for running around town, to work and back and some back road riding. I'm kinda hypre-active and cant stay on a bike more than 100 miles anyway, hell 200 is my max in a plush car before I gotta get out and stretch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
LOL!...Yep. I’m sure they were!:) However – I noticed something in the “Bike Social” review that you posted in the "First Ride! MT-09 - Bike Social" thread. At the very end of their review, they listed the estimated mpg at 48. Simple math tells me that at the highest estimate of 48mpg with a 3.7 fuel tank, you’d have a range of 177 miles. So it leaves me to wonder if Yamaha gave a very modest estimate to MCN (150mpg), or, if the Bike Social folks ran it on a machine and stated “their” findings for the maximum possible MPGs. I don’t know. Just trying to learn as much as I can about this bike before I pick it up this month.
They are British correct? Imperial gallons are larger than our gallons correct?

·
Registered
77 Posts
They are British correct? Imperial gallons are larger than our gallons correct?
Yep. That’s Correct. Good Spotting That!:

Rounded Up -- 3.79 liters (1 US gallon) equates to 4.54 liters (1 imperial gallon).

Waiting to see read/hear what the US ride reviewers observe. There may be some interesting contrasts, but, I don’t expect it to be too far out of agreement from what everyone else will have experienced. MANN! This Sure Is Exciting!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts