Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this bike on Pinterest, and have to say it's one of my favorite bikes done up as a Cafe Racer! Unfortunately for me, the gold forks completely ruin it. I am not sure what the appeal of gold forks are, but apparently there are many that like them. The old IT250's were the only bikes I ever thought they looked good on.

Reactions: blackfireball5

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
That looks pretty cool.

I don't have a problem with gold forks. I think it all started with Öhlins, who made it their signature look, and so the OEM's started using that look on production bikes...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks pretty cool.

I don't have a problem with gold forks. I think it all started with Öhlins, who made it their signature look, and so the OEM's started using that look on production bikes...
That could be, and is the reason I went with the K Tech shock on my FZ, I couldn't stand the thought of putting a gold shock on my bike. The black and red of the K Tech is a perfect match!

Reactions: blackfireball5

·
Registered
201 Posts
My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha Virago 750. :)

While I don't mind the gold, the longer I stare at it and imagine them blacked out the even more I think it would look badass. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts