Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the cold mountains of Norway.

There seem to be a lot of knowledge lurking around in this forum, so I decided to create a bike log for my new bike: MT-09 Street Rally ABS. I hope some of you will find it interesting even though it is not for sale in the states yet. I will go to the dealer and sign the papers at the end of this week, expected delivery is in February. I will use this time to identify potential upgrades, and hopefully some of you will give me some feedback / good discussions regarding those. This is also to pass the time until I get my hands on the bike - this will be a long couple of months.

Regarding the looks - the people I have talked to either love it or hate it. Actually there are more haters than lovers of the design from what I gather. I love it though :cool:

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might as well stick around even after you get your Street Rally, which by the way, I think is a good looking bike.

Reactions: Viking

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will offcourse stick around when I get my bike, that is when the fun starts. I look at the time from now until I get it as phase 1: Preparing; where I can discuss everything from suspension to radiator guards with you guys. When I get the bike I will post everything I modify/upgrade on the bike ++

·
Registered
616 Posts
Viking; Welcome, and congratulations on the new bike. Are you still able to ride this time of year? I looked to see your location on the member map, but you're not on it yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Thantos. I'll check out the Member map thing - didn't know that was a thing. But yes, it is possible to ride, barely, a few more weeks and the snow should be here. I don't get the bike until february anyway since the new Street Rally model isn't out yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Protection

Ok, so first upgrades will go towards protecting the bike.

I'm thinking Tech Spec Grips like the ones in the Stoltec build - I really like the look, and they seem grippy too. How do they feel?

62-4008-ss_pic_2.jpg

Radiator guard is also something I want to have ready before picking up the bike. I do like the concept/look of the infinity radiator guard, but I read about some fitment/quality issues in a thread recentely. Anyone know if that is sorted?

26f5c52361a8c3d596afd2a5de7a4435.image.150x112.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Papers signed - taking delivery 20th of February.

Got an offer on an öhlins rear shock+spring. Will be around 20% more expensive than a Nitron R1 shock. Not sure which one to go for... (Forks will have öhlins springs+oil)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts