Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone got any good videos of naked bikes in action? Coming from Supermotos I'm struggling to get my road bike cornering body position to feel natural. I've just watched the Twist of the wrist 2 DVD which was really helpful, but as far as I can see naked bikes have slightly different riding position so emulating the body positions used there is not exactly right. Sometimes watching some good videos over and over can really help. So share away if you have any links etc :)

This is quite a handy one:

Sent from outer space

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm struggling with the same thing. From what it looks like leaning over the tank and shifting your body to the side you are turning some will help. I have yet to try this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm struggling with the same thing. From what it looks like leaning over the tank and shifting your body to the side you are turning some will help. I have yet to try this.
From what I can see, most of the sport bike theory will work for us other than the fact that we can't lie on the tank as much because our heads would be over the headlight if we did due to the forward seating position.

It's obviously very possible to get these bikes leant right over and cornering fast so I'm just curious to see what positions people are in to achieve this. If I can get my positioning corret then more confidence will be built and more lean angle will be had eventually.

Sent from outer space

Reactions: Reaper828

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a WR450 sumo for a track bike for a year. You've got a choice you can ride it like a sport bike just not entirely the same way, or you can throw it around like a dirt bike. You kinda try them both and do whatever feels natural or works for you.

My camera is mounted on my helmet so you wouldn't see anything any way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's a short vid of my FZ-09 at play. Disregard that sarcastic description.

This is my first post/comment so if I screw it up I apologize. I'm new to this deal.

Reactions: mjlfz09

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Why don't you just ride it like a ride ridiculously powerful sumo?
I've always had/built streetfighters, and had a couple supermotos, too.
Slower speeds, tight corners, super moto style. Tip the bike under you. Try and drag your toes through corners for a giggle.
Higher speeds, lean with the bike, knee out, posing for pics. Except for the posing part, that'll get you into trouble. Moving back on the seat a bit might help you with that.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Video of the 1st day I ran at Palomar.

Bike bone stock, with all pre loads set to max, 230 Lb , 62 year old rider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts