Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Hey everyone. A little update here on the fuel controller. Now that the stock and Marthy Exhaust map is done we decide to add the O2 sensor jam in the devise. So basically it will be possible to by-pass the ECO (too lean at 14.7:1) mode and improve readability even more. The bike ride actually close to be perfect but adding this feature will make the bike perfect. We are trying hard to make it adjustable so it can still be use a OEM (good MPG or inspection) and a good track/twisty setting.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice. It has a very "throaty" exhaust note. I couldn't pick up the gear box whine that was mentioned in another thread. You can sure tell the highway speed. The wind noise is pretty amazing even inside a pocket. Interesting concept going audio only. It lets you concentrate on what you wanted...the exhaust. Cool post.

Do you know what mode he was riding in? Does the exhaust function and sound the same in all three modes?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
The sound is about the same in all 3 modes. But in A you can hear the throttle body opening a bit faster than in B by example.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Here we go. Final fit is done! only last very little detail to do is the support braket... just need to massage the bend angle a bit. Very easy fix! Clean fit I think... just like some of you asked me.

The kit consisy of a collector and mid pipe. I like the idea of having some adjustment in case somone prefer a different slip-on.

As usual, I'm always open to suggestions.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Stock tune worked fine. The bike is pretty much bang on stock. All I did is add fuel in the lower range and deceleration to smooth things out. Wasn't 100% perfect but a great improvement. This last bit with the O2 sensor offset will hammer the last nail and make it perfect! The programmer has the same setting than the other one but I will be able to adjust the O2 sensor / close loop fuel program by cheating the ECU. I will be pulging it tonight and kight have time to give it a run or two.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Just a little update.

After intensive testing we came to conclusion to stick with the first controller. The O2 sensor offset didn't work as plan and since the 1st version actually perform great... its a keeper.

Now that the tuning is all over, here's my final version of exhaust for my ride. I kept the Yoshimura R-55. It fit a bit better in this configuration. I should get tye whole thing ceramic coated soon.

Martin

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just a little update.

After intensive testing we came to conclusion to stick with the first controller. The O2 sensor offset didn't work as plan and since the 1st version actually perform great... its a keeper.

Now that the tuning is all over, here's my final version of exhaust for my ride. I kept the Yoshimura R-55. It fit a bit better in this configuration. I should get tye whole thing ceramic coated soon.

Martin

Looks sharp man!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Thanks. Controllers are on the way... not sure how it will turn out with Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Keep the rubber down if you ride.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thanks. Controllers are on the way... not sure how it will turn out with Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Keep the rubber down if you ride.

I called the coaters. My stuff has been prepped. Should be done by mid next week.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
You can PM me... how much are they rapping you for the ceramic coating?

·
Registered
611 Posts
You can PM me... how much are they rapping you for the ceramic coating?

$15/linear foot. Each header counts individually. Would u mind measuring so I know how much I'm gonna get raped? Lol.

Oh yeah, I am getting inside coated silver(for heat) and outside black so it will be 2X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
$15/linear foot. Each header counts individually. Would u mind measuring so I know how much I'm gonna get raped? Lol.

Oh yeah, I am getting inside coated silver(for heat) and outside black so it will be 2X

That's actually pretty reasonable pricing. But why don't they just coat inside and out with black then, and save time and money?

And Marthy, just wondering, what happened with the O2 offset? Any idea why it didn't work out right?

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's actually pretty reasonable pricing. But why don't they just coat inside and out with black then, and save time and money?

And Marthy, just wondering, what happened with the O2 offset? Any idea why it didn't work out right?
I was told that only the metallic color provides the heat blocking?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts

We are not sure. The connector end up taking a dump on me. My bad... plug it in in a hurry. :(

So I shipped it back to get fix and we will work at it maybe later. So as of right now the throttle is 75% better with the O2 sensor plug in. Decel is less jerky and smoother. The econkode still run 14.7:1. Not a bad thing since the fuel tank is not that big for longer ride.

Track days and twisties... disconnecting the O2 sensor make the throttle top notch. But after 15 second in eco mode the ecu goes in safe mode and the FR end up at 12.0:1 Not something good for long ride.

That will not replace a flashtune, but the stock map is quite good. For 1/2 the price almost of a PCV... I can see dynojet getting lost in the middle here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was told that only the metallic color provides the heat blocking?

Nope... Whoever told you that doesn't know what he's talking about :(

The different finishes will have a different tolerance in terms of the maximum heat they can withstand, but I doubt you'd be able to measure a significant difference in the exhaust temps between them. Just do a single black coating, inside and out :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts