Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Shot this today at my dealer, the audio from my phone is pretty terrible, but you can hear how much growlier this is than the stock exhaust

Anyone know if you need a power-commander with one of these?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anytime you do a full system, you're going to want to get it tuned. Especially since you've deleted the cat converter.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Gotta wonder what the swing arm will begin to look like after some time. That short canister points almost straight back.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes you will need a tune for sure. Options so far. Marthy EJK controller, Flash your ecu from a dyno run, pc5, and bazzaz. Also you will need Block off plates to reduce popping when you let off throttle. The exhaust does not blow toward swingarm so there will be no issues there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes you will need a tune for sure. Options so far. Marthy EJK controller, Flash your ecu from a dyno run, pc5, and bazzaz. Also you will need Block off plates to reduce popping when you let off throttle. The exhaust does not blow toward swingarm so there will be no issues there.
Just so I'm clear, does a power-commander function as a tuner as well? I ask because the dealer is saying this needs one to run properly.

Also yea, the can points to the side quite a bit more than what it looks like in the video.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anytime you do a full system, you're going to want to get it tuned. Especially since you've deleted the cat converter.
what about with the Akrapovic? I heard its also covered under the Yamaha warranty

·
Registered
196 Posts
You're changing the air/fuel ratio anytime you change exhausts. So yes, you will want to tune any exhaust you get to achieve the best results.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so im really stuck between the two bros and akrapovic racing line...and there's not to many sound clips out there. would love to hear yours but for some reason I cant watch the video. help im dying to hear a video other than the one made by the company selling it

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Per the Two Brothers website, they say a tune is not "needed". You can however get a tune to reap the full benefits of the aftermarket exhaust....

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had my google+ account deleted but didn't realize it nuked all my youtube stuff

It should be back now
no video yet or are you just teasing us tease tease we used to have a name for girls like that in school LOL....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts